Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    Toney is just a plain idiot..Mayweather isn't dumb - which makes his behavior a bit more unpardonable.
    One of my claims to fame (if you want to call it that) is that I actually travelled to Detroit and sparred at the famous Kronk Gym back in the early 90's.
    I was a middleweight back then and I sparred a couple of sessions with some regulars from the gym.
    Truth be told, I was schooled pretty badly by one of them and barely held my own against the other. But they didn't trash talk me or make me fee like a jerk. When I told them I was from Canada and wanted to come and work out for a day at the famous Kronk they were pretty nice to me, actually.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Style
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    One of my claims to fame (if you want to call it that) is that I actually travelled to Detroit and sparred at the famous Kronk Gym back in the early 90's.
    I was a middleweight back then and I sparred a couple of sessions with some regulars from the gym.
    Truth be told, I was schooled pretty badly by one of them and barely held my own against the other. But they didn't trash talk me or make me fee like a jerk. When I told them I was from Canada and wanted to come and work out for a day at the famous Kronk they were pretty nice to me, actually.
    Two words: Emanuel Steward

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    He was not there, unfortunately. And I apparently missed Thomas Hearns , who had dropped in for a visit, by a day.
    There were just a bunch of regulars, both pro and amateur hanging around and working out. It was a weekday and not terribly busy..the first guy that I sparred was a pro and the other guy was more my age and was still an amateur but much better than me.
    Does Steward still own the Kronk?
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Style
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Does Steward still own the Kronk?
    He did last I heard, but I only know what he says on HBO broadcasts (which used to be a lot).

Page 2 of 2 First 12