Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,271
    Style
    all things in Moderation

    Former Marine, Stabbed to Death by British Kickboxer

    CBS News/AP is saying :

    BANGKOK (CBS/AP) Dashawn Longfellow, a former U.S. Marine, was in Thailand for vacation and to study Muay Thai, or Thai boxing - and that may have been what got him killed, according to Thai police.

    A manhunt is now underway to find British kickboxer, Lee Aldhouse, who police say followed the Purple Heart recipient back to his hotel and ambushed him outside his hotel room, stabbing him several times in the chest and ultimately killing him.

    Witnesses say that hours earlier Aldhouse and Longfellow got into a barroom fight after the Briton tried to block the former Marine from getting to the bathroom. Aldhouse, who was reportedly known for getting drunk, picking fights and bragging about being invincible, had apparently met his match in Longfellow, who was winning the fight when other patrons separated the two brawlers, according to witnesses.


    It gets kinda weird after that. I don't want to completely spoil it . Link to whole article.

    So... you know, if any of you guys in Thailand see Lee Aldhouse, let the local cops know. It seems they need to ask him a couple a couple questions.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    252
    Style
    BJJ, Judo
    I'm wondering if they would have mentioned Aldhouse's hobbies if he was a stamp collector or chess player.

  3. #3
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,522
    Style
    MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hertzyscowicz View Post
    I'm wondering if they would have mentioned Aldhouse's hobbies if he was a stamp collector or chess player.
    Well, in this case, I'd say his hobby of getting drunk and starting fights is pretty relevant to the article.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

  4. #4
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,271
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Well, in this case, I'd say his hobby of getting drunk and starting fights is pretty relevant to the article.
    Amen.

    When someone beats your ass in a bar fight you started you are suppose to buy them a fucking beer or go the **** home and cry yourself to sleep.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #5
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,541
    Style
    Zheng Manqing/Chen TJQ
    I'll take a long look hard for some drunken stabby Brits this December, but down in the seedy parts, guys with cockney accents (among many others) are a dime a dozen.

    Plus it's amusing to see newcomers wander into Padpong with no idea what they're getting into.

    RIP Longfellow.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    252
    Style
    BJJ, Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Well, in this case, I'd say his hobby of getting drunk and starting fights is pretty relevant to the article.
    What I'm saying is, if he had been a Chess pro instead of a KB pro, the CBS News article wouldn't have been headlined "Former Marine, stabbed to death by British chess player." This is becoming a pet peeve of mine.

  7. #7
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,271
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hertzyscowicz View Post
    What I'm saying is, if he had been a Chess pro instead of a KB pro, the CBS News article wouldn't have been headlined "Former Marine, stabbed to death by British chess player." This is becoming a pet peeve of mine.
    I don't know that specific combination of words is kinda awesome. I think they would use it.

    I see your point but in this case being a chess pro would be even more sensationalist.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,390
    Style
    BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    I don't know that specific combination of words is kinda awesome. I think they would use it.

    I see your point but in this case being a chess pro would be even more sensationalist.
    particularly if it was done with a sharpened piece.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    152
    Style
    No-Gi BJJ/MMA/MT noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Sley View Post
    particularly if it was done with a sharpened piece.
    and thus a new supervillain was born

  10. #10
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,271
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hertzyscowicz View Post
    What I'm saying is, if he had been a Chess pro instead of a KB pro, the CBS News article wouldn't have been headlined "Former Marine, stabbed to death by British chess player." This is becoming a pet peeve of mine.
    I think this is more in line with what you are complaining about... rightfully I might add. Police say Chloey (7yo) Stoudt raped by James Belanger then suffocated with pillow - No BS MMA and Martial Arts.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in