Style
    none- I'm water, I Crash,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My intro- My bad

I'm an asian high school student, going onto senior year after this summer. I've never had any martial arts/mma training ever in my life. The only way I learned how to fight was to get into fights. I was bullied during middle school a lot and got into quite a lot of fights. I'm currently looking to learn mma cause I was always interested in in while I was growing up (been into since 2000 when I was 7 years old), watched the UFC/Pride/K1 stuff.

The things I want to learn are
    - Boxing
    - Bjj
    - Wrestling (greco-roman/folkstyle)

I'd like to learn these a means of self defense and also as a hobby/sport.

I can't really find a good boxing gym in my area, but I've recently found out my school offers an open mat thing for folkstyle wrestling that I could do 2 times a week for the whole entire year.

That's bascially my short bio.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

First off, get thee to that wrestlin' programme and get thee there post-haste! Once you get out of high school, it will get exponentially more difficult to learn wrestling and all the buttery golden goodness of takedowns and takedown defense that comes along with it.

When was the last time you saw an adults wrestling program? Exactly. You might have some intramural wrestling in college, but after that it will be difficult to find. BJJ and boxing will be easier.

Right now, you will have the ability to train wrestling and maybe you go out for the high school squad? If not, train with them and get some invaluable training and tools.

Boxing and BJJ will come along at a much easier frequency. Be glad for what you have now and go after it.

Again, welcome

Style
    none- I'm water, I Crash,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Snake, that's pretty true. I spent over an hour looking for a wrestling program and didn't even find one. And thanks for the advice regarding the wrestling team. I'm definitely thinking about going out for the wrestling team next year since it's going to be my last year of high school. Plus I need to keep my wrestling game sharp.

Peace bro

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrestling, helping me throw guys twice my size onto their heads since 1987.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i got more benefit from 2 seasons of high school wrestling than anything else in almost 2 decades of martial arts.

my BJJ and judo game would be **** without the wrestling background, and understanding standard wrestling take downs boosted my striking game as well.

in short, get your ass into that wrasslin' program yesterday!