Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Style
    Glock, 1911, Rem870, SKS
    Well, as far as we knew when last someone pulled his records, Burrell wasn't a ranger or an officer either. But that's where some fresh requests might help.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilRains View Post
    Burrell claims to have been a Ranger. Is that not SF enough for MACV?
    SF= Special Forces. In the US, at least, that is a specific Army Unit. To be able to claim SF you have to have successfully completed the Q-Course.

Ranger Qualifed(tabbed) and Ranger(Scrolled) are also two different things. If he was an officer in the US Army when he claims, attendance at Ranger School would have been mandatory. Though the school is open on a volunteer basis to enlisted as well(and apparently Air Force, Navy and Marines). It is a small unit tactics and leadership school. Full stop.

To become the SOF version of a Ranger(scrolled) you need to pass through RASP(formerly RIP). All well and good. However, units designated "Rangers" had ceased to exist after WWII, and it wasn't until 1969 when the Army consolidated the LRRP units into a single command that anything was designated Ranger. They were deactivated in 1972, and the modern Ranger Regiment created in 1974.

I guess it is possible that he was a CIA component of the MACV and Phoenix things, but the rest of it... Well if he was already a CIA case officer running agents in 1970's kinda hard to believe that he was also a highly decorated member of an Army unit only born in 1969...
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

King of The Island of Misfit Toys supporting member
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    SF= Special Forces. In the US, at least, that is a specific Army Unit. To be able to claim SF you have to have successfully completed the Q-Course.

Ranger Qualifed(tabbed) and Ranger(Scrolled) are also two different things. If he was an officer in the US Army when he claims, attendance at Ranger School would have been mandatory. Though the school is open on a volunteer basis to enlisted as well(and apparently Air Force, Navy and Marines). It is a small unit tactics and leadership school. Full stop.

To become the SOF version of a Ranger(scrolled) you need to pass through RASP(formerly RIP). All well and good. However, units designated "Rangers" had ceased to exist after WWII, and it wasn't until 1969 when the Army consolidated the LRRP units into a single command that anything was designated Ranger. They were deactivated in 1972, and the modern Ranger Regiment created in 1974.

I guess it is possible that he was a CIA component of the MACV and Phoenix things, but the rest of it... Well if he was already a CIA case officer running agents in 1970's kinda hard to believe that he was also a highly decorated member of an Army unit only born in 1969...
    Per my green beret buddies when I ask questions.
    Technically the only Special Forces guys are Green Berets.
    Everyone else: PJ's , CCT, MARSOC, Rangers, seals , Delta...... If it existed ;-) worst kept secret?, raiders, etc. are all Special Operators/ Special Operations Force
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678