Page 14 of 14 First ... 41011121314

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    Everyone who is contributing to MABS already knows all of that though. Why say it here?
    Fair enough.

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I have a hard time calling other people ridiculous for doing non-violent "martial arts" when I let people half my age try to choke me out, or break my limbs.
    But people who do non-violent martial arts are pussies.

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Aren't we all, depending on the situation.

Everybody has something that will break them.

When a member of my local grappling community dies, I make a point to put on my suit and pay my respects to the family.

You would be surprised at how many people who called that person brother on the mats cannot be found at their funeral.

Or that claim they cannot bear to go to the hospital to see them as they are dying.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    But people who do "Combat" Martial Arts while proclaiming non-violence and training like a day care center are deceitful pussies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    But people who do "Combat" Martial Arts while proclaiming non-violence and training like a day care center are deceitful pussies.
    Most black belts from whatever art, after they reach middle age, begin to resemble Mr. Bean's physical performance abilities as they continue to age:

When we see beautiful videos of Sensei Mifune and Mestre Helio throwing people around and submitting them at great age, certainly they have great knowledge and skill, but they also generally benefiting from the cooperation of some very skilled and compliant uke's in those videos.

Even younger, well trained fighters can have their ability to perform compromised by sickness, illness, or banana peeling.

The reality is the comic book like efficacy of any empty handed martial arts is for the comic books.

But many gyms and dojos even from competition based combat arts deceive themselves regarding this obvious reality and reinforce the myth of the untappable black belt.
    Last edited by WFMurphyPhD; 7/11/2016 8:28am at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Most black belts from whatever art, after they reach middle age, begin to resemble Mr. Bean's physical performance abilities as they continue to age:

When we see beautiful videos of Sensei Mifune and Mestre Helio throwing people around and submitting them at great age, certainly they have great knowledge and skill, but they also generally benefiting from the cooperation of some very skilled and compliant uke's in those videos.

Even younger, well trained fighters can have their ability to perform compromised by sickness, illness, or banana peeling.

The reality is the comic book like efficacy of any empty handed martial arts is for the comic books.

But many gyms and dojos even from competition based combat arts deceive themselves regarding this obvious reality and reinforce the myth of the untappable black belt.
    I've made your first statement many, many times, on the Internet, and in person, to a lot of people.

It's not a way to win friends or influence (especially judo) friends... The cult of personality runs strong as ever.

In one Internet discussion, though, years ago, a participant, in fact a rather well known participant (in Judo at least), who actually physically touched Mifune Sensei, and was his uke, noted essentially the same.

Anybody who knows Judo can watch and see what's going on in a lot, but not all of those videos.

Anyway, anybody who's actually had to really fight someone knows how dicey it is. Cops have firearms, batons, handcuffs, TASERs, OC Spray, radios, and backup for good reason.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Aikido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the training history and lineage of your 'Master'?

Page 14 of 14 First ... 41011121314