View Poll Results: What is your resting heart rate per minute?

44. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40-55 bpm (You badass :P)

13 29.55%
  • 56-70 bpm (Calm Down You!)

26 59.09%
  • 71-85 bpm (Are you Really a MARTIAL ARTIST????)

5 11.36%
  • 86-100 bpm (RUN FORREST> RUNNNNNN!!!111)

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Thread: Heart rate

I took mine this morning. It was 60. Not as bad as I thought. Pretty good considering I'm heavy and out of shape. I could probably be a bad ass again in a matter of a few weeks.

BJJ and MT at the moment
    I know I am necroing so bad right now, but i felt it was more appropriate than opening the exact same topic again.

The thing I don't get is, I have been doing sports since I was like 7-8 or something (i used to go to those schools where you learn swimming, basketball, tennis etc)
    And i have always been an active person.

Especially last 6 years. It has been that much since I have started doing martial arts and I have been training at around 4-5 days every week in this period. And since I like pushing myself a little I always trained for long periods, pushing my body,sweating a lot.

So I always thought I was an active athletic person, but after downloading this heart beat monitor thing on my ipod (at first i thought the software was ****, but later i checked it myself and it was right) i saw that my BPM changes around 70-75.

I mean, I do it at work, not in bed laying down or something, but still....

The posts up here show that even the guys that don't train a lot or not so active have BPMs A LOT lower than me.

well,WTF? Should I see a doctor? or could it be genetic or what?

If anybody can give me some information about this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Check it at rest and at exertion of different levels.
    There is a genetic component; some people have "high" resting HR and are still fit.
    I have an unusually low resting HR for my relative fitness at around 50-5 bpm, i was consistently <40 10-15 yrs ago.
    Taking your pulse is a fairly inaccurate way to measure HR imo.

Congleton, Cheshire, UK
    karate / JJJ
    seeing as this has already been necro'd
    two years ago my resting HR was in the high 80's now it is in the low 60's.
    in those 2 years i've lost 3 1/2 stone and train 3 times a week.
    i now have a sneaking suspision i may live to see my 50th birthday!
    Last edited by buzzbevan; 12/13/2010 11:22am at .

San Diego, CA
    MT, BJJ, BBT
    Damn.. Mine's 70. I've got the metabolism of a hummingbird and am almost never truly "at rest," but I still hope to see some improvement here over the next 6 months.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345