Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Style
    Guns
    Yes, if you can't find MMA training, BJJ or Judo, then surely your area has a strong ballet program.

Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Yes, if you can't find MMA training, BJJ or Judo, then surely your area has a strong ballet program.
    On an aside, a nice thing about ballet is that some studios will let teach little boys for FREE!

However, even though an area lacks quality martial arts, they would probably have a yoga or pilates class somewhere. That might be the OP's best bet, combined with a gym membership.

Style
    FMA
    Nothing around you? Get a gun and go to a shooting range for self defense. Run and jog for cardio.

Style
    Guns
    Sorry to be sarcastic. But I live in the little town where I grew up. The schools don't have wrestling, there's no judo, and I get tired of chipper, cheerful people chiming in "Judo is cheap and widely available! If you can't find BJJ, try Krav Maga or possibly Muay Boran!"

Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Sorry to be sarcastic. But I live in the little town where I grew up. The schools don't have wrestling, there's no judo, and I get tired of chipper, cheerful people chiming in "Judo is cheap and widely available! If you can't find BJJ, try Krav Maga or possibly Muay Boran!"
    I can understand the lack of martial arts, but does your town have yoga? I would have thought that some local gym would have added a yoga class to try and rake in some money.

Style
    Karate-knockdown, BJJ
    Try to find some seminars to go to. They are usually inexpensive and you can get some usefull information from them.

Style
    Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue
    If you're a little boy, volunteer for the Catholic choir. You'll get good training defending yourself from the priests.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Yoga?

Yeah, that way you can learn to put yourself into a pretzel and hold it for 5 minutes while someone steals your wallet. Good call!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    BJJ
    Get strong and big, makes you a harder target and work on your body language. Sounds weird but that can get you out of a lot of situations with some uncommon sense.

Style
    Isshin-ryu
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Yoga?

Yeah, that way you can learn to put yourself into a pretzel and hold it for 5 minutes while someone steals your wallet. Good call!
    I would be interested to see if there is a grappling instructor out there who has experience in yoga and doesn't recommend cross-training in it if you have the time and inclination.

Seriously, i've heard glowing recommendations from several amazing trainers, Sambosteve being at the top of the list.

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last