Style
    BJJ, JJJ, Judo

Grappling reminders

I keep getting frustrated, because I go to my rolling sessions and immediately afterwards I get one of those really obvious epiphanies, which aren't really epiphanies because I've had them before (just after a rolling session, of course). What I need is a list of things to remember so that I can pin it to my bedroom door and look it over before I go to the jits. I've had two revelations today, and I'd love to add more from you guys:

1) It's not competition night, dumbass
    2) Stop spazzing out and do something productive

Style
    Boxing.MMA
    1)You often have more time to think than you'd realise
    2)position over submission

Style
    Mexican Judo
    1) Tap when the heel hook is locked , no need to fight it once they are already torquing it.
    2) Tuck in your chin when going for leg takedowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbal93 View Post
    1) Tap when the heel hook is locked , no need to fight it once they are already torquing it.

i suck at takedowns, but i recall an instructor say something in the line of "when striking, keep your chin down. when just doing grappling and going for a takedown, keep your head straight"

what to wrestlers do when shooting for leg takedowns?

Style
    Sambo n3wb
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123 View Post
    what to wrestlers do when shooting for leg takedowns?
    Get choked...
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Can't say I agree. I've always been taught that keeping your head UP is the way to avoid guillotines when shooting for a double, and it's worked for me (as long as I keep good posture, of course). Sounds counterintuitive, I know, but there it is.

Style
    Mexican Judo
    When you keep your head up its really hard to get guillotined too. When I shoot for doubles and forget to do any of those things I get caught in a guillotine. Most of the time I get out though... Also , gotta remember to not let them pull guard when they catch you in the guillotine.

Style
    Sambo n3wb
    When you keep your head up its really hard to get guillotined too. When I shoot for doubles and forget to do any of those things I get caught in a guillotine. Most of the time I get out though... Also , gotta remember to not let them pull guard when they catch you in the guillotine.
    If someone throws a guillotine into my takedown, I usually just step outside and that ends that.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist: