Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7
    1

    Anti Terror Combat

    A friend asked me what I thought of Anti Terror Combat: antiterrorcombat (dotcom) as she was thinking of attending a seminar in her home town.

    I've looked at website/ Facebook and all their videos on YouTube
    and it seems to me that the they are teaching techniques that work really well against someone standing very still.

    It worries me that systems like this that profess to teach self protection may simply be putting people in danger by having their students believe they can handle themselves in aggressive situations.

    I am going to recommend my friend not to go to this class but I thought I'd like to get your views.

    Fire at will...

  2. #2
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,765
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    well here is their Youtube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrO...mE6Z5wCnyUTabg

    Here is the video which is on the front page of their website http://www.antiterrorcombat.com

    The Meet the Team page has plenty of red flags ranging from http://antiterrorcombat.com/meet-the-team/
    For the last 5 years I have practiced meditation under the guidance of Buddhist monks at my local monastery, this is still ongoing with the insight to teach and help others to find inner peace.
    to

    Master Horst Lindenau has 30 years of martial arts training, most of this time as a graduated sports teacher and black belt holder of several disciplines. Training of police units and security staff also included, as special self defence courses for rape victims and of course 1000’s of students who wanted to learn martial art and self defence of this great master. Today there are several masters and grandmasters worldwide that have studied under master Horst Lindenau and been his students for years.
    to

    Martial artist Steve Powell looks back to a busy life with British Army service, security work in the private sector and training students in the art of Karate. His journey into martial arts started in his childhood, he first trained in the traditional Japanese style Wado-Ryu. After reaching black belt he then moved on to a new style Shotokan Karate and also trained in kick boxing and the Russian art systema to build on the martial art knowledge he had already gained.
    ...

    and let us not over look their four tiered membership plans
    http://antiterrorcombat.com/product/...ic-membership/


    These guys appear to be useless and out for your money.
    I haven't gone through the videos yet, so it may get even better.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  3. #3
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    I think you should share this thread with her

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125904

    Any sort of self protection seminar is generally going to be pretty bad.
    Fighting is a complex thing and its not something that can be learned in a few hours.
    Self Defense requires the ability to fight.
    This is the way I look at it, lets take Chess, sure you could go to a seminar and learn how the different pieces work, you can learn the rules. They can teach you the queens gambit or some other series of moves.
    However would you seriously want to bet your well being on your ability to win a chess match after that seminar?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  4. #4
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,765
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    These guys have to be Satire.



    There is no way ^that^ was serious or could be taken seriously by anyone who has ever swung a baseball bat.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7
    Thanks for your replies guys, they confirm what I suspected (that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing).

    I think I would advocate that my friend keep fit, vigilant and out of trouble.

  6. #6
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,765
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlatl View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys, they confirm what I suspected (that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing).

    I think I would advocate that my friend keep fit, vigilant and out of trouble.
    Judo and BJJ have proven track records in and out of the sport environment. There are methods of self defense that work and none of them are gender specific. Hard training in an alive environment on a regular basis (2+ hours a week) is the the only way to increase your level self defense skills without adding weapons and weapon training... and then again you have the problem of it is not a short cut. You still have train regularly with good instruction.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  7. #7
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    4

    I would like to point out that they are in fact wearing ninja shoes. I don't think that there's any Footwear that can remove credibility in quite the same way.

  8. #8
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,765
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Here is the web site for Horst Lindenau (chief instructor) actual school. It looks pretty lame. I haven't dug into it yet tho.

    http://jiu-jitsuinbridport.blogspot.com/

    Steve Powell shares a name with a number of douchebags ranging from kidnappers to pedophiles so he is kinda hard to look up ... Melvyn Wright claims to have taught firearms for 15 years but I can't find anything on him except some stuff about being a British Organ Grinder and Busker.

    I am sure we can find more specifics in time.

    Oh found another one of Horsts sites.. and this one has Steve on it too.

    http://ichinenbridport.com/

    This martial arts school is specialized in realistic street self defence. Master Horst is a former Anti-Terrorkampf Master (German based self defence system) and our self defence training is based on real life situations combined with use of modern video technology and psycho drills. All trainings are suitable for men and women. You can join at any time and beginners are very welcome. For the Anti Terror Combat training you need to be minimum 16 years old. You can join the Jiu-Jitsu lessons if you over 13 years old.
    specialized in realistic street self defence
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 9/13/2016 1:32pm at .
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  9. #9
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,825
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Well, that's a authentic looking certificate what with the sharpie-in name and rank...

    issuer of the certificate: http://www.maa-i.com/

    http://jiu-jitsuinbridport.blogspot.com/

    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #10
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,825
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    http://www.maa-i.com/repraesentant/index.html

    I mean, how much more blatant can it get ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in