Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    MT noob
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    As opposed to 63g fat, with no other change in diet? Because that's a difference of about 800 kcal/day.
    i kept the calorie intake at around 3000 (now 3200) when i was on the 150g fat, and i was consuming about 150g of protein, rest carbs.

so, the diet back then was
    150g fat = 1200 cals
    150g pro = 600 cals
    300g carbs = 1200 cals

i would say, around 40-60gm of saturated fat then.

Style
    None
    150g fat is actually 1350kcal (9kcal/g).

Replacing protein (as opposed to carbohydrate) intake with fat intake is a questionable proposition for two main reasons:
    -fat metabolism is more efficient than protein metabolism (the 4kcal/g for protein usually winds up being closer to 3kcal/g)
    -from what I've been reading lately, high fat and high carb at the same time for prolonged periods of time is probably not a good idea. Of course, a lot depends on the timing of your meals relative to exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Style
    MT noob
    my bad, forgot it was 9 not 8

that means i was consuming a bit less carbs

well at this point in time ive replaced my fat intake (about 90g worth) with pro intake and a bit more carb and reduced my sat intake to about 20g

Style
    Judo
    Thanks for the replies guys, guess it's going to have to be a case of trial and error. I'll probably keep a diary of how things are going and maybe write up how things went after 2 months, so the next person looking for some insight has someone's experience to go off.

Page 2 of 2 First 12