Page 5 of 14 First 123456789 ... Last

Style
    BJJ and MT at the moment
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=sandbag2;2130888]
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    *sob...snif,snif..* Sounds just horrible, you poor dear. Did they pull your wrist real, real, hard? You sure they just weren't trying a little realism for a change? That mean blackbelt threatened to never teach you again, that must have been devastating.

I bet I can whoop your ass. Then we will see who does the crying and sobbing.

hard to believe you are such a kind and patient guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whosthemaster View Post

Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 5/24/2009 3:52am at .

Style
    BJJ, formerly Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    There are assholes everywhere. Just be thankful you weren't at an "asshole" Judo place, because while rare, there are some. And those assholes don't tend to restrict themselves to harsh language and overly aggressive hand holding.
    QFT.

Ippon followed by "I fucked your mother" gets really old.

anyway, OP, watch this, identify the key theme. Look carefully, it's subtle

YouTube - Harden Up Australia Chopper Read Ronnie Johns

Style
    Kyokushin Karate / BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only Aikido guy I've come across was at BJJ, he's just taken it up. Needs to learn posture and how to not get hip thrown so easily, but he's a pretty nice bloke.

Style
    No-Gi BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    That's weird... generally men in skirts are quite gentle and humble.

Or monks.
    The scots have never been humble, and gentle is probably not the best word to describe them.

Style
    Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbag2 View Post
    I have tried various ma schools and the only place that I found real assholes is an Aikido mcdojo
    Bla bla blah blubbering vagina.

Big assholes in Aikido, yet...

Because if the grappling instructor finds out that you have it, you will be sent home, and it SUCKS. Everytime I get it I'm out of training for more than a month. I use antifungul cream and doctors perscription, and even bleach, and it still takes over a month to go away. Once you get ringworm, people are afraid you always might have it. It pisses me off. Sometimes you cant hide it. But sometimes I think I would be better off if I could.:5help:
    This makes you a giant asshole.
    A giant asshole with ring worm. Maybe a ring worm around the entirety of your asshole.

I hope today you are hit in the chest with a ball of your own ****.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YOu wouldnt tell that to him in real life =p

Style
    SAMBO, jiu jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    goddamn straight, he would.

Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have tried various ma schools and the only place that I found real assholes is an Aikido mcdojo i went to when I was 20. I had people yank my wrist as hard as they could. I had black belt instructors who cussed at me. One of the blackbelts kept on snapping at me. And threatened to never train me again. I was a nice respectful guy, I never talked back or anything.
    There was this other blackbelt prick who yelled at me for asking if the "smaller guy could overcome the bigger man in a fight with Aikido moves?" He just snapped at me and said I was talking violent and that the blackbelts are going to laugh at me if I talk like that. His tone was very disrespectful, and I wanted to pop him in the face. Like I said I had other guys yank my wrist as hard as they could, even after I tap. I got my yellow belt in a month.
    I quit because I found out that Aikido was crap.
    Everytime I meet an Aikido guy they seem like jerks.
    Look at Steven Segal. He kicks his stunt men in the balls to make sure they are wearing cups, He beats his wife into a pulp. Everyone knows he is an asshole. And he is one of the biggest reps of Aikido.
    I've never trained Aikido but many of my friends have. Where as I disagree with a lot of their training, I have never once heard an account of assholes like those you describe. It is probable, in my opinion, that the fuckwit like tendency that you experienced in your instructors is a factor of that club, not of the system as a whole.

Sorry, I guess a hundred or so people have said that already, Im just coming back after a couple months offline.

Style
    Judo noob and, erm, chess
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still reeling from someone actually getting hurt at an aikido dojo! It's a bit like getting assaulted at a ballroom dancing class.

The whole point of aikido is it is for delusional people who want to pretend to fight and not actually get hurt or do anything that might involve fighting. Actually getting hurt in one has to be a tad unfortunate.

Page 5 of 14 First 123456789 ... Last