Page 4 of 14 First 12345678 ... Last

Style
    Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbag2 View Post
    At Least Mcdonalds has good burgers. Aikido is not even practical in a real street defense situation.
    I don't like TKD, but at least the instructor and students were not assholes like in my Aikido dojo.
    Unfortunately a McDonald's hamburger will probably hurt you faster than the average aikidoka can.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    That's weird... generally men in skirts are quite gentle and humble.

Or monks.

Counter Example, Robert the Bruce

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have tried various ma schools and the only place that I found real assholes is an Aikido mcdojo i went to when I was 20. I had people yank my wrist as hard as they could. I had black belt instructors who cussed at me. One of the blackbelts kept on snapping at me. And threatened to never train me again.
    *sob...snif,snif..* Sounds just horrible, you poor dear. Did they pull your wrist real, real, hard? You sure they just weren't trying a little realism for a change? That mean blackbelt threatened to never teach you again, that must have been devastating.

[/quote]I was a nice respectful guy, I never talked back or anything.
    There was this other blackbelt prick who yelled at me for asking if the "smaller guy could overcome the bigger man in a fight with Aikido moves?" He just snapped at me and said I was talking violent and that the blackbelts are going to laugh at me if I talk like that. His tone was very disrespectful, and I wanted to pop him in the face. Like I said I had other guys yank my wrist as hard as they could, even after I tap. I got my yellow belt in a month.
    I quit because I found out that Aikido was crap.
    Everytime I meet an Aikido guy they seem like jerks.
    Look at Steven Segal. He kicks his stunt men in the balls to make sure they are wearing cups, He beats his wife into a pulp. Everyone knows he is an asshole. And he is one of the biggest reps of Aikido.[/quote]

Sounds a little whiny. Almost hard to believe. Are you sure you aren't just really irritating? and they wanted to get rid you.

Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once went to an aikido gym, its a real famous one that Bruce Lee's brother had been to sometime before. Alot of martial artist been there but when I went there it was just a bunch of 12- y'od kids running around and this 50 year old student practicing with the little 12 year old kids, I found this quite disturbing...then again there were few adults training at the aikido gym, so yeah....anyways they were all nice and greetfull, the instructor was straight to the point (and delusional) (this was before I knew anything about Aikido might I add) diddnt get any arseholes but the instructor was quite rude, nothing big though (Thank god I ran into Kyokushin.....)

wait till u meet a BJJ arsehole =p (LOL). I think I might go back to the Aikido dojo and tell them whats wrong with Aikido....who is with me? =p

Style
    FMA BJJ Blue
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fong View Post
    (Thank god I ran into Kyokushin.....)

wait till u meet a BJJ arsehole =p (LOL). I think I might go back to the Aikido dojo and tell them whats wrong with Aikido....who is with me? =p
    I met a Kyokushin sensei that was a bit of an ahole. He didn't let me sparr with any of his students, including the one that dragged me there in the first place. He had his fun sparring me of course, sweeping me to the ground and so on, but I could get without the "the 11 year old girl hits harder than you" comment.

Style
    Boxing, Beginner BJJ,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish View Post
    Unfortunately a McDonald's hamburger will probably hurt you faster than the average aikidoka can.
    Ha! Zing! :XXjester:

Style
    Kung Fu combat wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=jspeedy;2129772]*sob...snif,snif..* Sounds just horrible, you poor dear. Did they pull your wrist real, real, hard? You sure they just weren't trying a little realism for a change? That mean blackbelt threatened to never teach you again, that must have been devastating.

I bet I can whoop your ass. Then we will see who does the crying and sobbing.
    Last edited by sandbag2; 5/23/2009 2:49pm at .

Style
    Kung Fu combat wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ guys are generally real nice.

Style
    Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that everyone knows your weakness he might squeeze your wrist really really hard. Or maybe he'll just say something mean and make your inner child cry.

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you threaten me like that again i'll never train you in anything.

Really though I was just giving an opposing vew. NO need to get all fussy. If you say they were meanies at the akido school then I believe you.
    Last edited by jspeedy; 5/24/2009 12:51am at .

Page 4 of 14 First 12345678 ... Last