Page 5 of 5 First 12345
    Style
    Bazhengdao Quan, Bajiquan
    Never saw that thread. Thanks again, Jack.

Style
    Kung Fu
    Well, Tam Tui is really good for conditioning.

I was looking for a video on line of a simple exercise. I can't find it, dinner's ready and I'm running of to conquer the world. But I'll be back, and conquer that too.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Style
    Wah Lum Tam Tui
    That video of exercises posted above is great. I'll work on those... that guy is amazing.
    One good exercise... a variation of a horse stance I heard about. Horse stance squats... sounds familiar. They (kung fu tai chi magazine) also had leaning horse stance squats. Even one legged squats. All (according to them) practiced at the Shaolin Temple.

Broken Kung Fu Repair Man supporting member

Style
    South Mantis
    You have to be kidding me

that book is full of more crap than fact. It is the boon of many real teachers who have real material to train their students with.

Most of the book is full of things that are dangerous and could lead to serious health issues if anyone was silly enough to attempt certain drills.

I have had a collection of people call me up and ask me if they could get a formula for training their head gung. I had another call me up and ask me how he could toughen up his fingers from the pulling the nail gung in order to rip flesh off people. Dear lord, those calls were hard to deal with.

It seems there are more people who think this book is fact versus the fiction it obviously is.
    Last edited by Mor Sao; 3/18/2009 4:12pm at .

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiji View Post
    Sorry about that... hehe.
    One good book for TRADITIONAL chinese artists is Training Methods of the 72 Arts of Shaolin: Jin Jing Zhong.
    You are no longer allowed to post in here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Ding ding Ding.

Now my addendum is not all traditional methods are good. Some are outdated and need to be discarded. These old ones are the things that give CMA a bad name.

This silly manual
    details some interesting things and some far fetched ones.

Amazon.com: 72 Consummate Arts Secrets of the Shaolin Temple (Chinese Kung-Fu Series): Wu Jiaming, Yang Yinrong, Rou Gang: Books

$40.00?

Good lord I'm glad I bought that a long time ago.
    You are now considered a troll. Enjoy joshinmaster in trollshido. Let us know when you really want to contribute.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I ignore posts (no, I'm trolling) - No BS Martial Arts
    Seiji's post is here. Dale's response is good so, it wasn't deported.

Style
    Hung Kuen, Jook Lum SPM
    is that the book that shows the drawing of the guy pointing at the rising sun to develop chi striking?
    Like my former kenpo instructor used to say,"Those guys must've been smoking alot of opium when they thought that one up!"

Style
    xingyi
    I think it is, I can't be bothered to look through that garbage again.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345