Page 5 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Thread: 6:47 mile

  1. #41

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,416
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    I don't know why he wasted all that time training in ma's, nobody was catch him anyways.
    Don't you mean nobody would be able to escape?

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    53
    Style
    Kickboxing, swashbuckling
    6'0, 180lbs - my mile PR was 4:56. It wasn't actually during the season, since I never ran the mile, so it's probably not exact. It occurred to me to try getting a sub-5-minute mile, so after around a month training (running, lol) specifically for that, along with a few laughably slow trials so that I could get my pacing down I got me a stopwatch and made it just in time. Then I puked everywhere.

    Right now I probably couldn't make it a mile walking, due to a knee injury. Even without the injury I'm probably so out of shape by this point that I'd be in the upper sixes.

  3. #43
    syberia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,789
    Style
    BJJ
    Wow, you guys like your running, dont you? Still. Nice work, hoodedmonk.

    I'm not really much of a runner, but i'm going go see how fast i can do two km's (which is a bit over a mile). I wont post it, because it'll be terrible, but i am inspired to try get my time down. Thanks, i think.
    Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

  4. #44
    hoodedmonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carson WA.
    Posts
    2,396
    Style
    Bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia
    Wow, you guys like your running, dont you? Still. Nice work, hoodedmonk.

    I'm not really much of a runner, but i'm going go see how fast i can do two km's (which is a bit over a mile). I wont post it, because it'll be terrible, but i am inspired to try get my time down. Thanks, i think.
    Post your time, then you can post it again as it improves.

  5. #45
    syberia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,789
    Style
    BJJ
    okay, at least it'll make me stick to it, or forever live in shame of having a **** time. (i'm being totally serious there)

    It'll have to wait until later though, i'm at work right now.
    Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

  6. #46
    mrm1775's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,216
    Style
    This and that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar
    Screw all you guys. I don't think I could break an 8 minute mile if I was being shot at.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

  7. #47
    TheRuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334
    Style
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia
    Wow, you guys like your running, dont you? Still. Nice work, hoodedmonk.

    I'm not really much of a runner, but i'm going go see how fast i can do two km's (which is a bit over a mile). I wont post it, because it'll be terrible, but i am inspired to try get my time down. Thanks, i think.
    A mile's about 1600m, so 2000m is a bit more than "a bit over a mile". Just so you don't compare your time directly to everyone else's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

  8. #48
    syberia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,789
    Style
    BJJ
    its only 400m... but i see your point. I'm not gonna compare, it'll make me feel woefully unfit. ;) (jks)

    i'm just interested to see what time i can get down to, i dont have a track but i assum country roads do just as well. I'll just have to measure it out.
    Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

  9. #49
    partyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,584
    Style
    bjj/(not enough)MT
    the last time I ran a timed mile it was 5:50-something
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    44
    Style
    Tae Kwon Do
    My fastest timed-run was 6:17, slowest was 12:33. Now, it is in the 8:30s. Congrats on the time! I'm 23 and have been working back to running in the 6:30 range.

Page 5 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in