Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    injured
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Cullen
    thinking about making it down to the (beginner) bjj classes at Next Gen.
    It would be nice to put a name to one of the faces from Sunday, the beginners BJJ classes are a good place to start (I normally try and do the Saturday morning one) and it is quite a friendly club when you get to know people. I think the only classes not recommended for beginners are the Friday sparring / circuit training and Saturday afternoon invite only MMA sparring class, if you have any questions get in touch with Jason.

Style
    Mixed Martial Arts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfa
    I think widely available Genki Sudo and Aoki highlight clips are to blame for the majority of flying armbar attempts which happen in tournaments.

When you said a belly down armbar was it like the step over technique used at about 0.15 on the judo newaza compilation? If I manage to almost pull that off, even with nearly knocking myself out in the process I would be more than happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTTiUgf-5qo

almost like that. go to about 4:20 of this video to see Aoki teach it:

Dailymotion - Aoki flying armbar, une vidéo de snatchGTT. Aoki, flying, armbar, BJJ, [email protected]@[email protected]@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/[email protected]@[email protected]@x1mttx

I'm pretty good at this on the right side, but I never tried it with left handed grips. so when I went for it full speed for the first time in a match I got jammed up when I let go of the wrong grip to break my fall and went down head first. that was the closest to being knocked out I've ever been.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Page 2 of 2 First 12