Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    natures punching bag
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Spiritual Warriors

i would appreciate any honest opinions.

comments on the teachers or style.

Last edited by onetimebullet; 12/18/2008 1:09am at . Reason: i would like to have deleted the post but i cant

AikidoBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, onetimebullet. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Style
    Kempo Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not aware of the school or the instructors so am unable to comment beyond the contents of the website.

I will confess to being a little dubious about some of what is there but again it needs further clarification.

Spiritual Warfare and Spiritual self defence for example? Spiritual cleansing? Herbology? Christian teaching? (Turn the other cheek does not easily lend itself to concepts on combat.)

Simple answer is -Insufficient information but there are some warning bells ringing for me.....

Style
    Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    euh, I don't want to shatter your dreams, but he's a 10 th dan in a 15th dan system ninjutsu system, that doesn't really mix with christianity.

Use the search function on Hatsumi, sorry for what you're going to find :new_puppy

Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Fellowship of Christian Warriors Church"?

Style
    natures punching bag
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

wa

any style specific comments?

:brave:

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Style
    creonte on hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno, it looks pretty hippyish to me :\
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Style
    Kempo Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjitsu is not a fighting system-It's a marketing ploy to extract money from people who don't know about martial arts but dream of being something they saw in a film.

If you feel strongly about this I will tell you right now I went through a phase in my life where I wanted to fight every style I'd ever hear of, and fought a guy who taught Ninjitsu and he didn't come off well. I don't say this as a claim of how tough I am. Merely as an illustration that deluding yourself about a method of fighting can create more of a handicap than if you just threw haymakers. I will add around the same time I got a fair bit of punishment from a chinese boxer so I'm not claiming super skills or anything.

Style wise I have serious doubts-There is a lot of "eye candy" there to get the ignorant to come in and pay money. That same eye candy however tells me if the style was good he wouldn't need to pad his advert out with so much bullshit.

So as I said without actually seeing what they do I can't comment directly but the web site tells me it is likely to be bad.
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 9/21/2008 10:03pm at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Style
    creonte on hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by onetimebullet
    any style specific comments?

:brave:
    He does booj, nuff said.

Putting that aside, I'm not sure what you'd expect us to say. There is nothing in the website (video clips or pictures) that can be used to make an educated opinion on what the school is doing.

There are lots of things that sounds like hippie to me (the cleansing, spiritual this, spiritual that and a lot of mumble jumbo that doesn't say much. BUT, those are things of a spiritual/religious nature, thus (for the most part), they are not part of anything to base an opinion about the school's style or martial instruction (if any.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Style
    natures punching bag
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

kk

i appreciate everything you guys said. hopefully i can check it out soon and i will repost when i do.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last