Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been in the MA for 38 years, I've seen Ron Duncan personally at one of Trias International tournaments years ago, I think it was in Philly. He is the real deal and one of few legit people who actually trained under Major Donn Draeger, USAF Retired. If you don't know who Donn Draeger is then you need to read Comprehensive Asian Martial Arts, one of the most detailed books ever written on Asian Martial Arts. No BS.

Style
    Kempo-Goju Karate, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Donn Draeger was a Marine, not in the Air Force
    8 years till retirement.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ichirosato View Post
    I've been in the MA for 38 years, I've seen Ron Duncan personally at one of Trias International tournaments years ago, I think it was in Philly. He is the real deal and one of few legit people who actually trained under Major Donn Draeger, USAF Retired. If you don't know who Donn Draeger is then you need to read Comprehensive Asian Martial Arts, one of the most detailed books ever written on Asian Martial Arts. No BS.
    You would be doing a great favor to Duncan if you could in fact verify that information regarding USAF retired corpareal Draegger (haha).

Seriously would you speak to me about your knowledge of Duncan? I am one of Richard Wigginton's students and "a friend" therefore. If you as a witness could speak to this and it sounds like you are the right age, it would be very good.

You can pm me, respond on this thread or call me if you request to do so
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How in the hell can no one bring up the craziness of Jason Brinn arguing that someone is not bullshido? How is that possible?

/Brinn you are totally nutters.

Style
    Aikijujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't Duncan train under Dreager in Judo, prior to Dreager moving to Japan to pursue his interests? In which case, he wasn't at that time, the fount of all knowledge he later became.

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has Duncan ever provided any information regarding what years he spent in Japan and if so, where he was stationed?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    Didn't Duncan train under Dreager in Judo, prior to Dreager moving to Japan to pursue his interests? In which case, he wasn't at that time, the fount of all knowledge he later became.
    Actually there is no confirmation other than Duncan was overseas for a stretch that coincided with the stretch that DRaegger was overseas.

Its all anecdotal and heresay. I would love for someone to show proof that this connection existed.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Has Duncan ever provided any information regarding what years he spent in Japan and if so, where he was stationed?
    Despite promises no information has been fourthcoming. His actual atudent's were convinced he was going to reveal all... I know the interviewer to whom he was goin gto reveal all too (he is one of my students) and alas what was revealed was that Duncan kicked somoene out of his dojo for asking about the Ninjutsu connection and that Duncan is suspicious of others spying upon him.

Since that time Sam went toa a conference which if you read between the lines, there is no connection training wise of Duncan to anyone but Duncan bolstered his credability by being part of the panel. You know verification by association...

Style
    BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Despite promises no information has been fourthcoming. His actual atudent's were convinced he was going to reveal all... I know the interviewer to whom he was goin gto reveal all too (he is one of my students) and alas what was revealed was that Duncan kicked somoene out of his dojo for asking about the Ninjutsu connection and that Duncan is suspicious of others spying upon him.

Since that time Sam went toa a conference which if you read between the lines, there is no connection training wise of Duncan to anyone but Duncan bolstered his credability by being part of the panel. You know verification by association...
    Duncan's a ninja, did he really expect a straight answer? He should feel lucky Duncan didn't flip out, kill him, and then disapear in a puff of smoke.

On a more serious note, I still have all my Ninja magazines from the 80's. I should scan in all of Duncan's and Wigginton's ninja bullshit and post it up for the fun of it; it should be hard for anybody except the most devout follower to take either of them seriously after that.
    <insert witty comment>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please post Duncan's claims, I've asked him to elaborate and he's told me he's writing a book and the information will be in there. I'd like to see what he's said over time.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last