Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    BJJ, MT, Yoga
    Added info.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl
    I was suprised by the low douchbag factor in LA, but that might have just been becasue I spent all of my time training or in my hotel room sleeping/recouperating.
    I had the same feeling the first time I went to LA. After a lot of time and trips, I'm convinced that people in LA are generally just nice.

If I went to LA to train, and found that the people their weren't nice, I'd take that as a big indication there were a lot of issues with school, because its such an anamoly to find rude people.

Style
    mma
    So you weren't distracted by Joe Rogan yelling, "HE'S ROCKED!" every time someone got caught in a submission?

Style
    BJJ, MT, Yoga
    Joe Rogan didn't say anything. I always wonder if I should go get my phone and take a picture. I usually decide not to harass people. I saw Rogan and Hendo and decided to leave them alone. They both seemed really nice, but I wouldn't necessarily want to be bothered all the time too.

hey bro. awesome review man. im thinking of dropping by legends to train with eddie sometime soon. just curious, did you pay the monthly rate for the 1 week of training? or did he hook u up with a discount? $30 drop in seems kind of a lot but then again, this is eddie bravo. haha. thanks man.

Style
    BJJ, MT, Yoga
    I just paid $30 per class. I think if you do the month, there is a registration fee...$30 is not that much Hollywood BJJ was 25 and I think Tim Burrill's in Rhode Island where I used to train is also $25 drop in.

Style
    Mixed Martial Arts
    Thanks for the Reveiw! I promised my girl I would take her out their for a week or two once she got her blue belt... and she got it like 2 months ago, lol. I guess it's time to start planning :XXsunsmil
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Style
    bjj, MT, boxing, poverty

Im a 10th planet practitioner

hey whats up phrost, I bet I met you while you were there, since I have been going to Legends i.e. 10th planet since January, albeit there were some hiatuses and I don't remember doing that particular two weeks of x-guard knee-bars. Anyway I think you gave a really great review and I am really happy to have read it and here's why:
    I am totally that starry-eyed noob you were talking about, but I didn't realize it, and now I feel alot better. Like how you were saying he can get impatient and he doesn't hold your hand, you need 1 year experience, etc.- well that all applies to me. Outside of a few weeks/months of casual jits training under purple belts back in indiana, this was my first real BJJ school. I read about Eddie, bought his books, and was hooked. I even started smoking pot again, I was a total Bravo disciple, pulling gogo's on my friends and talking **** about the twister all day long. But after half a year of training there I was still completely unable to get out of 95% of any1's side mount. Seriously, it was like you put me in side control and I might as well tap cuz I just could not get out. Serious holes in my game, and I blamed myself.
    Now I think I was wrong to blame myself, everyone who is devout to that school has 1 year experience in BJJ, or more, or wrestling background. I was NEVER taught a single side control escape while I was there because it was too basic. Seriously, I never realized that this may be a problem until 6months of training there and some guy out of McRandomDojo who has basic skills just sits on me in side control and can only helplessly try the stuff I watched on youtube.

That long rant being said, this is a great place to train if you have a very good command of basic BJJ or Judo or if you are a very good wrestler. Otherwise, you could be paying too much money to learn BJJ if your a beginner like I was. It was hard for me to figure it out, but I think the best route is to first take a year or so of BJJ from a traditional BJJ place a la Gracie before moving on to 10th planet, Machado, or Marcelo Garcia stuff.
    By the way, Eddie is a solid dude =)

Style
    bjj, MT, boxing, poverty

lol

Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl
    Joe Rogan didn't say anything. I always wonder if I should go get my phone and take a picture. I usually decide not to harass people. I saw Rogan and Hendo and decided to leave them alone. They both seemed really nice, but I wouldn't necessarily want to be bothered all the time too.
    Yeah don't go up to him with your phone, especially if you have to see him again lol. I introduced myself to him, but he is a really down to earth dude who just wants to be treated like any other guy, I think he dislikes the celebrity stuff while he's at the gym.

Style
    bjj, MT, boxing, poverty

I live in L.A. and...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhemsley
    I had the same feeling the first time I went to LA. After a lot of time and trips, I'm convinced that people in LA are generally just nice.

If I went to LA to train, and found that the people their weren't nice, I'd take that as a big indication there were a lot of issues with school, because its such an anamoly to find rude people.

L.A. has a lot of friendly folks yes its true. Its just like any other place where you have nice people mixed with assholes. The only difference is that here you have a lot of people who want to "make it" in whatever industry, and they want "connections" so sometimes the niceties you see are just that... niceties. Don't shoot the messenger, but I live here, and I've seen it so yeah. Just sayin.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last