Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last

Thread: I like EBMAS

Style
    Bicep Curls
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    I haven't seen anything offered elsewhere that isn't available to me in EBMAS
    Yes, WT is so well rounded, stand and anti crapple, what more could you possibly need?

Style
    Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff
    Who still does "Kung Fu" anyway? or do you mean CMA? Does anyone serious still call it Kung Fu?

I haven't seen anything offered elsewhere that isn't available to me in EBMAS, though some of the stuff is in Escrima not the WT. Whether I have the time and motivation to do everything available to me is another story.......
    Could you explain to me the EBMAS approach to leglocks and high-amplitude throws?

Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    Could you explain to me the EBMAS approach to leglocks and high-amplitude throws?
    Just stand up [throws].

As for leglocks...Aikido'ers said it best: Leglocks: Don't let them do this.

Ta-da.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

Style
    Judo
    It probably involves lots of droning on about principles, in lieu of actual training.

Quite similar to their approach to everything else really...

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy.... supporting member
    Style
    EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts
    I don't have a lot of time for this. It is often called "kung Fu", meaning hard work, in advertising since new business will be looking for that jingoistic term. In the coarse of study we are taught that it is not really a proper title for the MA, since ANYTHING can be kung fu. I have some Kung Fu soy sauce somewhere. If you are learning Kung Fu great. More power to ya and please do not take offense if I say you are using an archaic term. I put up with it just as I put up with people asking me how my "karate" is coming. Ignorance can be tolerated....

I said if its not in WT its in Latosa, so don't even go all "WT blabla" on me.

EBMAS is WT, Latosa Weapon System, then a third system of your choosing (most do BJJ or Tai CHi) and then whatever else you care to do.....if you get that far.

Language and words are too much for people so i will just post some pic

from "On Single Combat" by Kernspecht.

Anti-G ground has leg hooks and leg locks, knee bars etc, leg to leg. It also has a variety of basic locks from various wrestling and JJ styles to learn and then practice against. We have experts in JJ/judo/whatever to go practice with if I am interested.

In Anti-G and regular stand up we have various throws, ours and theirs, sweeps, chokes, joint control, etc...if you are interested in going that route you can focus on it.

anything else?

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    So that's why you don't cross train? Because you think your system is complete?

This is an honest question.

Style
    chinese boxing
    Who still does "Kung Fu" anyway? or do you mean CMA? Does anyone serious still call it Kung Fu?
    If you tell people you do martial arts, they might ask what kind. Then you might say kung fu, or maybe chinese martial arts, and they might ask what style. Tell them what style, they might ask which family, or what school, or maybe who your teacher is.

You call it whatever the person you're talking to will understand, and most people understand what you mean by "kung fu", and no one will think you mean "work hard".

I call it kung fu.

Style
    Grapplomancer
    By making a triangle between your body and theirs (since triangles are the strongest structures) you can't be taken down because then the triangle would collapse on itself and they would die.

For leg logs, just force your legs into a leg triangle, and then around their legs to make a square, then use your arms to make a rhomboid, nature's tied for 3rd strongest shape (Becareful not to make it a trapezoid, one of nature's WEAKEST shapes).

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"
    Style
    CMA, MT
    Language and words are too much for people so i will just post some pic

I don't know, TT, this may be too much for me as well.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    So that's why you don't cross train? Because you think your system is complete?
    EBMAS is WT, Latosa Weapon System, then a third system of your choosing (most do BJJ or Tai CHi) and then whatever else you care to do.....if you get that far.(snip)

It also has a variety of basic locks from various wrestling and JJ styles to learn and then practice against. We have experts in JJ/judo/whatever to go practice with if I am interested.(snip)
    Selfpwnt. In a Dr. TT thread.

I'm so upset, I'm ignoring my strict policy of avoiding memespeak.

Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last