Page 3 of 36 First 123456713 ... Last

Style
    BJJ, JJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I'm just sick of people ripping on aikido when they don't really know the first thing about it. Aikido has some good stuff in it, as long as you go to the right school and get taught it properly.

Take kokyu nage for instance, which is one of the best techniques in aikido's arsenal. Most people don't teach it with the right kuzushi. You have to duck under deep to take the arm, kind of like a wrestling arm drag, then the final throw is similar to an osoto but with less emphasis on the leg sweep and more on applying torque on the arm.
    Virus, as in "Fighters don't use aikido for the same reason that swimmers don't swim with their lips" Virus is lecturing others on not hastily judging archaic martial arts? Give me a fucking break, you guys are like twelve year olds who have just got past the thinking swearwords are the funniest thing in the world stage of humor sneering at their eleven year old younger brother who just found out what '****' means and likes to use it as punctutation.

Style
    Kakutogi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just sick of people ripping on aikido when they don't really know the first thing about it. Aikido has some good stuff in it, as long as you go to the right school and get taught it properly.

Take kokyu nage for instance, which is one of the best techniques in aikido's arsenal. Most people don't teach it with the right kuzushi. You have to duck under deep to take the arm, kind of like a wrestling arm drag, then the final throw is similar to an osoto but with less emphasis on the leg sweep and more on applying torque on the arm.
    :wtfgif9fr
    I demand you return Virus back to us NOW!!!!!!

Also Aikido sucks I know because I trained it and it sucks. I am glad GLF went and tried a class and saw it sucked first hand.

Also you don't need to be a BB to judge a crappy art but it does help you are proficent in an art the will quickly expose the crappiness of the other.

Now let us dance!:karated: :karated: :karated:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ... Join us... or die
    Style
    KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW: Gezere arn't you an instructor? Get the tag and be better than Omega :laughing4

Style
    BJJ, JJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    :wtfgif9fr

Also Aikido sucks I know because I trained it and it sucks. I am glad GLF went and tried a class and saw it sucked first hand.

Also you don't need to be a BB to judge a crappy art but it does help you are proficent in an art the will quickly expose the crappiness of the other.

Now let us dance!:karated: :karated: :karated:
    DANCE! YEAH! **** YEAH! DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE!!!!

Style
    Grapplomancer
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just sick of people ripping on aikido when they don't really know the first thing about it.
    I'm just sick of reading unfunny threads about Aikido!

:psyduck:

Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Style
    Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand your personal experiance may have been bad, but it sounds like you went to one of the shitty schools. I know, aikido gets a bad rap around here and stuff but this mostly comes from people in the west that think they understand what it really means and starting up crappy schools. What branch of aikido was it?

A good aikido school should explain the concepts clearly, before letting people try the techniques. Most aikido techniques are really designed to assist with balance and control, and have specific uses for armoured fighting and weapon retention. People that don't understand this and star jumping into wristlocks end up looking like douchebags and giving the art a bad name.

Take the lunge-punch for example, this should only be used as a tool for judging distance, then proper aikido striking should be used. Remember that Ueshiba said "90% of aikido is atemi" which means the instructor really should have taught you some of the better aikido striking methods.

As for the pins, well, I know they won't win you any BJJ submission wrestling comps, but they have thier use, just like many other techniques you mentioned, in restraint situations such as those faced by police and security personel.

You should actually seek out a proper aikido school before you make rash judgments about its practicality. Mostly this comes from people not understanding what the real aikido is about.
    Virus man...I owe u a fucking beer or something. Holy ****.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Style
    BJJ, JJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This could be worse I suppose, the OP could be a chunner.

Style
    No gym currently.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    Just a little situation for you, you step into a bjj class and they do stabilityball drills, what would you think? With no experience and no understanding of BJJ and MAs in general you might think "what the ****, they are rolling on those fucking rubber balls, are they out of their mind, **** that" but you totally lack the skill and understanding to see the point in the exercise.
    This is an excellent point.
    I am not advocating aikido or anything and I am sure the aikido was **** and he is entitled to his opinion but he is still lacking the experience and this is what Lily pointed out.
    I guess we'd have to ask Lily how many aikido classes she's visited...
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    Let's see if this helps:

I cast out you noxious vermin, by Helio the father almighty, by Rickson, his only-begotten son, and by the Holy Spirit of Maeda. May you speedily be banished from our land and fields, lingering here no longer, but passing on to places where you can do no harm. In the name of the almighty Helio and the entire IBJJF, as well as in the name of the holy Gracie Barra, we pronounce a curse on you, that wherever you go you may be cursed, decreasing from day to day until you are obliterated. Let no remnant of you remain anywhere, except what might be necessary for the welfare and use of mankind. Be pleased to grant our request, you who are coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.

All: Amen.

Style
    No gym currently.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm reading it backwards.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Page 3 of 36 First 123456713 ... Last