Style
    Kyokushin, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ok, so here's some footage of my last fight...

My sister discovered some footage of my last fight so I decided to post this here because;

1)I am a noob to this site.

2)Wouldn't mind a few comments as I'm back training now after a lay-off.

Oh by the way I'm the shorter, fatter guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llHhuEdvzjA

I wasn't sure where else to post it and didn't want to piss the moderators off by putting it in the wrong forum. I'm looking for constructive criticism and/or amusing mockery so by all means move the thread for more efficient flaming if you so desire. I'm ready. :new_2guns

I haven't fought since then basically because new girlfriend/work/college totally messed with my training schedule. I'm back training now and here's what I feel on looking at the Clip.

I didn't use my standup enough. It's pretty good but I was aware that he was a wrestler so a lot of my training prefight was going about neutralising his game on the ground. It worked to a limited enough extent I feel but I kept letting him fight the fight on his terms rather than mine. Atone stage I actually initiated the clinch!

Yes, I am a fat bastard. My cardio was pretty good though at the time I never felt tired and at no stage did I feel under any real threat. I've slimmed down a bit since but even then Johan outweighed me by a fair bit I think (can't remember how much exactly)

I was actually having a pretty good time Right up intill the crank. Johan's a good guy to fight I heartily recommend him :)

I also feel that that in the stand up I didn't move/counter at enough angles I was way to linear.

The ref never warned him about the crank it was a shitty way to win for me personally and we both agreed that a rematch was definitely on the cards.

Thats about it [ducks for cover].

Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A standing crucifix is illegal? What organization is this?

Style
    Judo Sandbagger
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I liked that fight. Your getting him to DQ himself was awesome! Johan looked like he had the upper hand for most of the fight, but your resiliance was impressive, especially your squirm out of his full mount, to a protected back, but giving up your back was not the stratigy that I like. How did you not tap to that kimura, did you hurt a bit afterwards?

You seem relaxed, so it wasn't your first fight. Props to you for fighting, and naturally props for your sister for finding it.

Style
    Kyokushin, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually it was a neck crank so I was informed. I just felt the tearing on my neck and upper spine and tapped. It was a local show run by a promoter in my hometown in Ireland.

Pretty low rent and amateurish really but it's something to train for. The show was called Tribal Warfare.

Like I said I'm not particularly happy with the decision either. Any comments would be appreciated.

Style
    In transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, a couple basic things that I liked:

-Your gym shorts. I thought they were plain and not flashy, which is a plus, in my opinion.
    -That little high five thing in the beginning.

Things I didn't like as much:

-When the other guy got the mount right in the beginning, you flipped over and gave your opponent the back of your head. You were asking for that choke as well as lots of "Knock my brains around" shots to your head.

You already know your standup was kinda lacking and I don't know enough about groundfighting to comment any further than that.

(Also, keep in my mind my opinions are not expert in any way.)

Style
    Kyokushin, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the feedback I've been working on my sweeps and escapes a bit more since then but I still give up my back a bit more often than I'd like. It's a work in progress :)

Ya the Kimura hurt but I'm kind of a stubborn bastard by nature.

Thanks!

Style
    Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your opponent was a wrestler? Sweet, now I get to quote Gene Lebell:
    "Always fight your opponent with what he doesn't know."

If you had managed to keep the fight standing, I think you would've done better, since IMO he had better ground skills. But still, really impressive how you wiggled yourself out from some VERY tough situations. And of course, both of you had very good sportmanship. A good fight I'd say. Be sure to post the rematch too.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a lively, entertaining fight, cheers. Definitely post some more up if you can!

Style
    Kyokushin, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't have a whole lot of footage of me Lebell but what I can dredge up I will post if it's remotely entertaining.

Totally agree with Arskanator my whole game plan was to stick and move/sprawl and brawl till he got tired. Threw that whole out the window as soon as the fight started. Tsk Tsk.

Still, it was a learning experience.

Style
    Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargentus View Post
    Don't have a whole lot of footage of me Lebell but what I can dredge up I will post if it's remotely entertaining.

Totally agree with Arskanator my whole game plan was to stick and move/sprawl and brawl till he got tired. Threw that whole out the window as soon as the fight started. Tsk Tsk.

Still, it was a learning experience.

Yes, we shiv and bur... I mean live and learn, these amateurish matches serve as good training themselves.