Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    If you're going to post in MABS, you better at leas have some research or more information than just "TEE HEE GUIZ LOOK AT T3H IDIOT!"

Style
    kenpo, Wrestling
    Without evidence, you are not putting your neck on the line, you are just trashing someone's reputation. They take the risk not you. Just a general comment, because later in the post you offer evidence with documentation to back it up. This is more in line with investigations I have seen here previously.

Style
    BJJ, Ju-Jitsu
    If you really want to produce a lasting piece of work. I suggest you google each of his ranks and then post the story behind each one.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Style
    judo, parenting
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    If you really want to get geeky, try explaining why western JuJitsu systems use Dan ranks at all when the dan rank system was created for -do systems.
    Can I play? Western jiu jitsu systems use the Dan ranks as most of them are based on judo in the first place, not koryu jiu jitsu. As well the general public(your target audience) is aware of a black belt, and a 10th dan black belt sounds more impressive than having to explain what a menkyo kaiden means.

Style
    Mixed-Up Martial Arts
    I hear he also has a 10th dan in Naverikan...

Style
    BJJ / JJJ / Boxing / RBSD
    It's like having 10 PhDs from diploma mills.

Style
    Judo
    He's got nine lives and 10 tenth dans, lol.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    I hear he also has a 10th dan in Naverikan...
    Quote Originally Posted by PCH
    It's like having 10 PhDs from diploma mills.
    Quote Originally Posted by uki
    He's got nine lives and 10 tenth dans, lol.
    Posts like the ones above (as well as possibly the thread itself) do not belong in MABS. This forum is for serious discussion only.

Style
    Kenpo Jiu-Jitsu
    Firstly congradulations on your research it is good to see someone actualy looking into this stuff instead of just typing willynilly. I can clear up the confusion with the Zen Ha Kenpo Ryu Jui Jitsu Ranking.

Soke Rogers was one of Soke Bugh students and therefore has had a direct influence on the style. He was given the honerific 10th dan for this style in acknoledgment for the part his training had on forming Zen Ha Kenpo.

Alot of this information is backed up on both Soke Bugh and Soke Rogers websites which can be easily found by search engine.

You will notice that the majority of Soke Bugh 10th Dans are honery and most likley due to the influence he has had on these styles. I have also been informed by my Sensei that Soke Bugh is no longer with us but I am unaware at this time if these titles where given posthumosly.

Page 2 of 2 First 12