Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Thread: Extreme tkd

  1. #51

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    128
    Style
    Muay Thai
    Merry Boxing Day, Bullshido.

    I can't really see how anyone could argue the case for sparring (or fighting in any sense) hands down.

  2. #52
    The Question's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,591
    Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    Quote Originally Posted by whisper
    Merry Boxing Day, Bullshido.
    If only they had a Kickboxing day as well. Perhaps the day after easter?

  3. #53
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,448
    Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whisper
    I can't really see how anyone could argue the case for sparring (or fighting in any sense) hands down.
    I was tempted to write a long dissertation on the subject which would explain why hands are kept low in TKD sparring and why keeping a high guard serves no purpose under TKD rules...then I realized that the argument had been made countless times on this board by myself and others with more experience in arts ranging from TKD to Muay Thai...and I came to the conclusion that aforementioned dissertation could be summed up in one statement:

    STFU N00B.
    Last edited by DerAuslander; 12/25/2007 11:35pm at .

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    128
    Style
    Muay Thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    I was tempted to write a long dissertation on the subject which would explain why hands are kept low in TKD sparring and why keeping a high guard serves no purpose under TKD rules...then I realized that the argument had been made countless times on this board by myself and others with more experience in arts ranging from TKD to Muay Thai...and I came to the conclusion that aforementioned dissertation could be summed up in one statement:

    STFU N00B.
    Ah, if it's in a rulset that makes more sense, I guess.

    I wasn't claiming any expertise in TKD, I just couldn't see the logic behind it. :binkybaby

  5. #55
    cyril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    831
    Style
    No-Gi BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    I was tempted to write a long dissertation on the subject which would explain why hands are kept low in TKD sparring and why keeping a high guard serves no purpose under TKD rules...then I realized that the argument had been made countless times on this board by myself and others with more experience in arts ranging from TKD to Muay Thai...and I came to the conclusion that aforementioned dissertation could be summed up in one statement:

    STFU N00B.
    I believe that ITA isn't olympic style. More like kickboxing with **** on your hands and feet.

    This isn't a case of training to win olympic gold, it's a case of bad practices reinforced through crappy and non-informed students.

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    1,444
    Style
    Mixed-Up Martial Arts
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment
    Hey man, **** you. My wit is incomparable. In fact, it's so good that I only use half of it.

    ...so you are a "half-wit".

  7. #57
    The Question's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,591
    Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    ...so you are a "half-wit".
    Yes, I believe that was the joke he was aiming at.

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    146
    Style
    Boxing/MMA (Ex. Shotokan)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment
    I just got a mental image of Jeremy Bullock panicking after getting the wind knocked out of him by Travis Fulton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8tVTuNZ3Zw
    If by 'wind knocked out' you mean 'his back was broken' then your right.

    Sorry if that post was old.

  9. #59
    hoodedmonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carson WA.
    Posts
    2,396
    Style
    Bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire
    If by 'wind knocked out' you mean 'his back was broken' then your right.

    Sorry if that post was old.
    Yeah I wonder if that guy ever recovered fully

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in