Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Style
    Kick Boxing

They asked the scoring question........

I know the subject of scoring in MMA is getting old. But the comment was made several times through out the course of the latest UFC show. I know the concensous view is that the 10 point must sytem isn't an effective scoring system for MMA. But if a point system were desinged for MMA should a person score for repeated ineffective submission attempts? Should a fighter rack up points for useless peppering style strikes? Should a guy score points for being "aggressive" soully based on the fact that he is moving forward?? How would one go about defining a point worthy action??
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Style
    punching bag / crew jitsu
    We just had a thread about this. The conclusion was that the scoring is okay but that the judging itself needs work.

I thought the scores were fine this time around, although I don't see why they kept going on about OMG ROUND 2 WUZ 10-8 OMG 10-8 ROUND OMGOMGOMG. Liddell still put up a good fight, and he busted Jardine up pretty good in round 1.

Style
    Muay Thai
    How about 3 MMA-experienced objective judges watch the fights and decide who wins the fight?
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Style
    Kick Boxing
    I read the other thread. It's didn't answer any questions. I am asking how people would consider scoring criteria if there were a tailored scoring system.

Style
    punching bag / crew jitsu
    Depends on the system.

Style
    Kick Boxing
    Well, possibly base it off the basic "rules of the octagon". Points awarded for effective striking, grappling and control. How would one establish a rule set that wouldn't turn MMA in basic points sparring. A system that takes into account good striking tactics vs. just throwing out a ton of love taps to just score. I for one would consider a good defense game as point worthy. Also, there does need to be a system which recognizes effective grappling. Effective both in offense & defense. Should a guy win because he tosses up a ton of fruitless sub attempts??? Or should a guy who displays the ability to escape, reverse or otherwise thwart submission attempts?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

Style
    Judo
    In muay thai in Thailand the judges score on effect, i.e. you can smack a guy fully in the face and if he doesn't blink, no points for you. Would something similar to that work for MMA?
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 9/23/2007 5:35pm at .