Page 24 of 26 First ... 1420212223242526 Last
  1. #231
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Vale of Shadows
    Posts
    12,099
    Style
    Mixed
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mor Sao View Post
    Chuan Fa Tang Shou: Fist Method Tang Hand

    Kuen Po Tang Su

    Kem Po Kara Te

    唐 can be read Kara in Japanese and signifies Empty.

    It is the Character many teachers used before they switched it to Kara/ 空
    Ah I thought the first was kuen but it seemed not right, somehow the top seemed wrong...so, it's "Kuen fat/quan fa = kenpo, and the original name of the Chinese arts that immigrated into Japan..."Fist Techniques of the Tang (唐) Dynasty", which became later Japanese "kenpo karate". Cool.

    Not the tattoo, the lesson.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/06/2015 10:33pm at .

  2. #232

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    19
    Style
    Ninjutsu
    -1
    Link is no good...

  3. #233

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4
    Style
    Taekwondo
    -1

    Is this still open?

    Hey, I don't know if she reads this forum for real or if people just posted up her email responses and stuff. But I'm a former student of hers and I have some information I'd like to share. Even if she sees it's me, she'll know who I am and quite frankly I don't care. I took her classes for about three weeks and had to quit because of some serious crazy ****. So if this thread is still open, I'd like to share my experiences.
    First things I'd like to say though are that I'm not a crazy experienced martial artist who knows all these terms and things. So I can't sit there and vouch if her certificates are real, because in her dojo they looked pretty authentic to me. And she has loads of real weaponry around that I think this woman really DOES know what she's doing. But that's not what sent me away. I really wish I could have stayed as it was one of the most intense experiences in my life and some of her teaching ideas are very useful in my opinion, and it really was something I had been looking for all my life and was so happy when I found her school. But man, this last week I was really let down and heartbroken.

  4. #234
    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,247
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak_Angelescu View Post
    Hey, I don't know if she reads this forum for real or if people just posted up her email responses and stuff. But I'm a former student of hers and I have some information I'd like to share. Even if she sees it's me, she'll know who I am and quite frankly I don't care. I took her classes for about three weeks and had to quit because of some serious crazy ****. So if this thread is still open, I'd like to share my experiences.
    First things I'd like to say though are that I'm not a crazy experienced martial artist who knows all these terms and things. So I can't sit there and vouch if her certificates are real, because in her dojo they looked pretty authentic to me. And she has loads of real weaponry around that I think this woman really DOES know what she's doing. But that's not what sent me away. I really wish I could have stayed as it was one of the most intense experiences in my life and some of her teaching ideas are very useful in my opinion, and it really was something I had been looking for all my life and was so happy when I found her school. But man, this last week I was really let down and heartbroken.
    It's still an open thread. You are welcome to post. It hasn't been active in a while, however, that mostly due to the fact there is no additional information. Please share.

  5. #235
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,415
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak_Angelescu View Post
    Hey, I don't know if she reads this forum for real or if people just posted up her email responses and stuff. But I'm a former student of hers and I have some information I'd like to share. Even if she sees it's me, she'll know who I am and quite frankly I don't care. I took her classes for about three weeks and had to quit because of some serious crazy ****. So if this thread is still open, I'd like to share my experiences.
    First things I'd like to say though are that I'm not a crazy experienced martial artist who knows all these terms and things. So I can't sit there and vouch if her certificates are real, because in her dojo they looked pretty authentic to me. And she has loads of real weaponry around that I think this woman really DOES know what she's doing. But that's not what sent me away. I really wish I could have stayed as it was one of the most intense experiences in my life and some of her teaching ideas are very useful in my opinion, and it really was something I had been looking for all my life and was so happy when I found her school. But man, this last week I was really let down and heartbroken.
    Sure, we'd like to hear about your crazy experiences. Were you saying here that you think she knows what she's doing because her certificates and weapons look authentic?

  6. #236

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4
    Style
    Taekwondo
    -1

    Yes..

    Yes, as someone who is very naive and new to martial arts, everything she had looked authentic to me and I didn't question it. I think I may post a video of the whole conversation because it has to do with my friend and I as well. If you look on her FB page she has a video about "LGBT Hate" and it talks about a situation of two students. Well, those two students were my friend and I. I was going to let it go but then she talked about posting up the "private video" she sent me. The video on my FB page does have some strong language and my opinion which others may find offensive. But even in my video I say "it's an opinion." She has a student named Garrison who attacked my friend and said these things, and this is taken as a direct quote copied and pasted from my friend's FB page....

    Garrison Wood Enough is enough you immature children. Do not blame my Sensei for your immature actions. You wanted to know why what you said was offensive. And she told you why. And you were very immature about it. All you had to of done was say I'm sorry and move forward. But no you had to take it to the extreme. You had to take it as an insult. Anyone clear as day would've known what you said was very offensive. It doesn't matter if that's how you normally talk or if you don't talk that way in front of certain people. The fact is you still say it you immature brats. How dare you say something so two faced after she welcomed you into her own home. You both know what you said was wrong. But it's easy for you to point the finger and blame someone else for your mistake. Take responsibility for your own actions. You two have a lot of growing up to do.
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Holly Vin Gruinelle
    Holly Vin Gruinelle Right because she does no wrong okay bye see ya
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu Oh my god garrison did you even watch the f****** video that we posted up?
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu And yet again you say that we have a lot of growing up to do when we were the ones that let it go
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Garrison Wood
    Garrison Wood I've seen it all. i'll comment on that shortly. So look forward seeing my response.
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu If you truly have seen it all then how could you possibly defend her? She uses phrases all the time like a cheap w**** and w**** and stuff like that when that word is actually a derogatory offensive word. As a cam model I have been called a cheap w**** several times and I never once came after her. Like I said garrison, we let it go and we moved on with our life. But she is threatening to call out my name and ruin my reputation as a homo hater on YouTube and public. You want to talk about f****** being mature and growing up seriously? Why don't you tell her that or are you just too afraid to? I had a lot more respect from you than that but you are seriously so obsessed with her its not even funny.

  7. #237
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Vale of Shadows
    Posts
    12,099
    Style
    Mixed
    The latest promo and student testimonials.






  8. #238
    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,247
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak_Angelescu View Post
    Yes, as someone who is very naive and new to martial arts, everything she had looked authentic to me and I didn't question it. I think I may post a video of the whole conversation because it has to do with my friend and I as well. If you look on her FB page she has a video about "LGBT Hate" and it talks about a situation of two students. Well, those two students were my friend and I. I was going to let it go but then she talked about posting up the "private video" she sent me. The video on my FB page does have some strong language and my opinion which others may find offensive. But even in my video I say "it's an opinion." She has a student named Garrison who attacked my friend and said these things, and this is taken as a direct quote copied and pasted from my friend's FB page....

    Garrison Wood Enough is enough you immature children. Do not blame my Sensei for your immature actions. You wanted to know why what you said was offensive. And she told you why. And you were very immature about it. All you had to of done was say I'm sorry and move forward. But no you had to take it to the extreme. You had to take it as an insult. Anyone clear as day would've known what you said was very offensive. It doesn't matter if that's how you normally talk or if you don't talk that way in front of certain people. The fact is you still say it you immature brats. How dare you say something so two faced after she welcomed you into her own home. You both know what you said was wrong. But it's easy for you to point the finger and blame someone else for your mistake. Take responsibility for your own actions. You two have a lot of growing up to do.
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Holly Vin Gruinelle
    Holly Vin Gruinelle Right because she does no wrong okay bye see ya
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu Oh my god garrison did you even watch the f****** video that we posted up?
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu And yet again you say that we have a lot of growing up to do when we were the ones that let it go
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Garrison Wood
    Garrison Wood I've seen it all. i'll comment on that shortly. So look forward seeing my response.
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu If you truly have seen it all then how could you possibly defend her? She uses phrases all the time like a cheap w**** and w**** and stuff like that when that word is actually a derogatory offensive word. As a cam model I have been called a cheap w**** several times and I never once came after her. Like I said garrison, we let it go and we moved on with our life. But she is threatening to call out my name and ruin my reputation as a homo hater on YouTube and public. You want to talk about f****** being mature and growing up seriously? Why don't you tell her that or are you just too afraid to? I had a lot more respect from you than that but you are seriously so obsessed with her its not even funny.
    So we already knew she was a trans-gender individual that made up her own Ninja LaRPing style. I don't get what this adds. Apparently something you posted offended her and she threatened to make it public. I'd be far more interested in hearing first hand what she is passing off as "Ninjutsu" these days.

  9. #239

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4
    Style
    Taekwondo
    0
    What I was trying to show, is that her students are seriously fucked up. As I said before I don't know enough about ninjutsu to say whether or not she's authentic. BUT, I do know enough to say that she is a fucking psychopath. Let me give a little bit of a story here....

    She is extremely sensitive. Yes her martial arts training was the toughest I've ever been in, but I'm a big girl who's very out of shape. As in, 245lbs. I do try to work out when I can, but her expectations were so unrealistic. We did knuckle pushups and as my knuckles were cracking and I was trying my hardest, later on in a "heart-to-heart" she called me weak. Okay, I get not blowing smoke up your students' asses but to call a fat girl who is training for three hours outside of your dojo everyday and is trying her hardest, to call her weak is stupid. Also, my best friend who did it with me, is a boxer from another gym. She advanced on to the advanced striking classes because the coach of the gym (who is a well-known local boxer) said that she was one of the better female hitters and strikers at their gym. Christa had the audacity to tell my friend to her face, "Your punches suck. They're slow and weak." We were always told during the kihon (sp?) drills "Don't worry about technique and proper form right now, just do it." The biggest thing that sucked about these kihon drills is that she shouts them out in Japanese to two new students who don't even know them, but as Chafin shows you what they are, you're already behind. Some of the technique of HOW to do certain parts of the drills were hard to grasp for beginners, but it didn't matter to her. We were never given time IN the dojo to learn these things, we had to study them on papers she gave us outside. I use to do taekwondo a long time ago, and after I had nearly kicked one of her blackbelts in the head, she then told me in that later on same "heart-to-heart" my kicks weren't high enough, but during that kicking practice I was suppose to strike the stomach. Not sure how accidentally kicking someone in the chest and in the head nearly constitutes as not being high enough.
    She never really payed attention a lot. At first, I thought she had because of some comments she made to us about what we needed to work on. But my friend always did pushups on her knuckles on her feet because pushups are a big thing in her boxing gym. Granted, she was only able to do about three sets of ten before she had to go to her knees, but Christa had us doing them constantly after a minute of a few other exercises, and unlike her blackbelts and higher ranked belts, my friend nearly touches her chest to the ground and tries to do them right. I figured a blackbelt would be able to at least go down to the floor ONCE without sticking his ass in the air. Then Christa in that same "heart-to-heart" told my friend her pushups suck because she does them on her knees. I thought "Did you even pay attention?"
    The phrase I had said that offended her was "That's gay." I wrote it on my FB page and it wasn't even saying something was gay, it was me questioning why that was offensive. Training with her made me on constant egg shells, and truthfully Chafin did more of the training while I was there. But she sent me a 'private video' of why that phrase is offensive. In a nutshell, went batshit crazy on me. She called me the most "hateful ignorant person she's ever met" and that she expected more from a near 30 year old woman. Even though she told me several times that people quite the gym or didn't even sign up because they found out she was gay. Somehow I'm more ignorant than them even though I stayed.

    My story goes on her hypocrisy thing. It's okay for HER to use words that may be offensive to others such as calling her student a dumbass behind his back, saying "cheap whore" and others, but as soon as I said something that wasn't even directed at her she went ballistic. Christa is a hypersensitive wacko. Long story short, my friend went to go call her up to ask her what was wrong (and my friend's name was mentioned in her video, she directed it at both of us) And immediately, she started screaming her head off. The stuff that came out of her mouth was something I've NEVER heard anyone talk like. She never lets anyone else get their point in, and as calm as my friend tried to stay, Christa eventually hung up on her. Found out she gossiped about our situation with her black belts, but she got mad at my friend for calling because it was bringing others into it who weren't apart of it. So it's okay for her to gossip to others about a situation but I can't have my friend call her about a situation between us. Didn't make sense.

    When we first signed up, Christa told us she only allows a certain amount of students in the dojo, and she only had two slots left. We took those two slots, but somehow within a few days she told us of another girl who was going to start. She told us she had around 20 schools and over 9,000 students across the nation. I tried to find one of those schools because I had several friends who were interested in that style. I only found one in Michigan and one in Canada. I looked, and I asked her a few times about where they are for my friends to know about, and she would never answer me.

    During Kihon drills, I was talking with a student after we had done our rolls and waited for the other students to finish, I was just asking him about my trouble with rolls and he was helping me. After the class, Christa scolded me for doing it. She said "During drills you keep your mouth shut." Like I was suppose to know that? She had told us all the time how opened, relaxed and non-stressful she had her dojo, yet I was getting in trouble and making her mad for things I didn't even know I was an issue. Also, I have heard some rumors about her being a former MMA fighter and lost some of her matches. I'm not sure if this is true, but when she found out that my friend did boxing and BJJ at another gym (which she had been at that gym for 6 months prior to this new class) Christa rode her ass about wanting to know the teachers at the gym, their background, the name of the gym, the styles they taught, their credentials, and then when we met up with another "heart-to-heart" because yet again we didn't know that that pissed her off, my friend was advised to quit that other gym. Yes, Christa said "I don't want you to get the styles confused." But you don't tell a new student to quit what they've put nearly a thousand dollars into and half a year of their life for something they just now are trying out. Oh, and I can't forget how one minute we were instructed to be "good on the floor" because our kicks and punches sucked and if a man tried to rape us it would easily go to the floor in a fight, but then after I professed that i needed help on my rolls I was told, "Don't work on them so much, you don't need to be perfect at rolls to pass the test. The rule of ten means you can miss them and still pass."

    We had agreed on a payment date set because she advised us to sign up two weeks before we had a paycheck coming in. So we planned a paydate but she called me a week before the date and said "You both have been here for almost three weeks and haven't paid yet." Well, we only went once a week because that was all we could afford, and so we had gone twice and the first class was free. Sooooo....... of course we hadn't paid yet because the date we agreed on hadn't came yet. My friend and I paid for two gis but never went and got them because she's a nutbag. We paid for two gis and a week later she still hadn't ordered them yet.

    So as I said, I'm sorry that I can't provide any "authentic information" and stuff. But I did want to showcase that she lies, she's a hypocrite, she goes back on what she says, and her way of teaching is unrealistic as most of the time I was expected to learn up to five things in thirty minutes and have them down solid. Sure I can learn five things in thirty minutes, but to learn them proficiently enough for her? Nothing was ever enough for her. And she's full of herself. VERY full of herself.

  10. #240
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,196
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak_Angelescu View Post
    Yes, as someone who is very naive and new to martial arts, everything she had looked authentic to me and I didn't question it. I think I may post a video of the whole conversation because it has to do with my friend and I as well. If you look on her FB page she has a video about "LGBT Hate" and it talks about a situation of two students. Well, those two students were my friend and I. I was going to let it go but then she talked about posting up the "private video" she sent me. The video on my FB page does have some strong language and my opinion which others may find offensive. But even in my video I say "it's an opinion." She has a student named Garrison who attacked my friend and said these things, and this is taken as a direct quote copied and pasted from my friend's FB page....

    Garrison Wood Enough is enough you immature children. Do not blame my Sensei for your immature actions. You wanted to know why what you said was offensive. And she told you why. And you were very immature about it. All you had to of done was say I'm sorry and move forward. But no you had to take it to the extreme. You had to take it as an insult. Anyone clear as day would've known what you said was very offensive. It doesn't matter if that's how you normally talk or if you don't talk that way in front of certain people. The fact is you still say it you immature brats. How dare you say something so two faced after she welcomed you into her own home. You both know what you said was wrong. But it's easy for you to point the finger and blame someone else for your mistake. Take responsibility for your own actions. You two have a lot of growing up to do.
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Holly Vin Gruinelle
    Holly Vin Gruinelle Right because she does no wrong okay bye see ya
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu Oh my god garrison did you even watch the f****** video that we posted up?
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu And yet again you say that we have a lot of growing up to do when we were the ones that let it go
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Garrison Wood
    Garrison Wood I've seen it all. i'll comment on that shortly. So look forward seeing my response.
    Like Reply 18 hrs
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu If you truly have seen it all then how could you possibly defend her? She uses phrases all the time like a cheap w**** and w**** and stuff like that when that word is actually a derogatory offensive word. As a cam model I have been called a cheap w**** several times and I never once came after her. Like I said garrison, we let it go and we moved on with our life. But she is threatening to call out my name and ruin my reputation as a homo hater on YouTube and public. You want to talk about f****** being mature and growing up seriously? Why don't you tell her that or are you just too afraid to? I had a lot more respect from you than that but you are seriously so obsessed with her its not even funny.
    Are all the humans involved in that adults, as in over the age of 18 ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 24 of 26 First ... 1420212223242526 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in