Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Style
    Taekwondo
    This sort of stuff appeals to the same people who join militias and go out and play soldier/have militia BBQs on the weekends...the sad part of all this is that it's just not that hard to teach useful basic skills to people. This video shows such an appalling lack of competent teaching...I have 8-10 year-old green belts who can perform these self-defense techniques at a higher level than this...and the drills where they're all wearing ski masks...is this ninja training, or an ISIS recruitment video?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    BKR has to see this. BKR if you have a moment would you please turn off your speakers (trust me) and give this highlight reel a gander. I suck at judo and my vocabulary is limited and I am at a loss as to where to begin commenting on the techniques shown.

You explain this stuff to children all the time don't you?
    Beginner level Ippon Seoi Nage, O Goshi, Tomoe Nage, and O Soto Gari on a crash pad ?

And did that guy in the wheel chair have face-paint on?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Punch and Grab
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post

I did not see one decent technique decently demonstrated in the entire video. I am astounded at the sheer volume of bad highlights. Can you imagine what got cut?
    I apologies to the mods', but I really have to say this

What level of stupid do you have to be to wear a balaclava, indoors, without air conditioning, in the Australian summer. Putting aside all the technique issues in that video (2:30 in an the O Goshi's are a particular highlight for how poor they are performed), this alone reeks of stupidity and cultish behaviour, the wilful endangering of students to heat exhaustion through the outfit they are forced to wear.

Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678