Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last

Style
    Muay Thai, some BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem is most of his students won't believe you. Even if you beat them they just start making excuses.

Some people REALLY just don't want to accept that it's ****.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's easy to set yourself up as a ninjer (or any bullshit martial artist) for the following reasons:

- People don't have the knowledge about historical arts and how they are verified. Nobody is going to check your facts.

- You can fool anyone if you tell them what they want to hear. Who doesn't want to be a d34dly ninjer warrior who holds secret ancient knowledge?

- The Barnum effect. There's a sucker born every minute. (Actually current research in the field suggests that the figure is more like a sucker born every 46.57227 seconds.)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    It's easy to set yourself up as a ninjer (or any bullshit martial artist) for the following reasons:

- People don't have the knowledge about historical arts and how they are verified. Nobody is going to check your facts.

- You can fool anyone if you tell them what they want to hear. Who doesn't want to be a d34dly ninjer warrior who holds secret ancient knowledge?

- The Barnum effect. There's a sucker born every minute. (Actually current research in the field suggests that the figure is more like a sucker born every 46.57227 seconds.)
    Couldn't have said it better myself. However we can't ignore this school/cult for long as they keep taking peoples money for useless techniques and also fights have been caused by many students from that school.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muay Thai 4lyf
    Couldn't have said it better myself. However we can't ignore this school/cult for long as they keep taking peoples money for useless techniques and also fights have been caused by many students from that school.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cobra Kai has to be the worst dojo in history. I mean, a scrawny kid with no previous training taught by a stoner janitor with highly original methods beats them all in his first tournament. I almost feel bad for them.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting your ass kicked by that geek would certainly be humiliating. He doesn't even spar.

Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bad thing about "Ninjitsu" classes is that there was never just one centeral form of ninjitsu. In ancient Japan, each ninja clan had it's own specific ways of going about things, so esentially all a guy needs to do nowadays is take some basic karate, throw in some masks and cheap knife tricks, make a class and call it ninjitsu. Then all the little suburban kids tired of getting their asses whiped on the playground beg their yuppie parents to enroll them, thinking that they will be able to use their "ninja" skills against the bullies, but in the long run they just end up getting their asses whipped more.

And, really, even if it was genuine ninjitsu, what real practical use would you have gotten out of it today?

Style
    N. Mantis kung fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "And, really, even if it was genuine ninjitsu, what real practical use would you have gotten out of it today?"

Duh, you could fly to school.

Style
    Muay Thai, some BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by joeeyng123
    "And, really, even if it was genuine ninjitsu, what real practical use would you have gotten out of it today?"

Duh, you could fly to school.
    Wait....you mean you don't do that anyways?
    Last edited by Jontan937; 7/16/2007 8:05pm at .

Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I heard about this guy when doing bujinkan. He's from New Zealand and has a training background in TaeKwonDo. He decided to call himself a ninjer and open up ninjer schools. A guy I knew was once approached by one of KH's students who informed him that "KH is Australia's foremost expert on ninjitsu."
    yep, I know of him. I've bumped into some of his guys over the years. Sigh.

"It can take 1 to 2 years to become a 1st Dan Black Belt depending on the student. " - from their website.

Did anyone notice the pic ripped off from the title screen of the old C64 video game "The last ninja" is being used in the top left hand corner of their homepage?

Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last