Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11
    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    DAYoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269
    Style
    n/a (ex-Karate)
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    ummm ... I am not touching this one either . I didn't help birth or create that beast .
    Wait, wait. You didn't make Korea?

    Targets , round lengths , bounces-per-minute ....
    So WTF is point sparring with no hands up?

    They can kick full-contact to the body and head, right?
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon


  2. #12
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,781
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Wait, wait. You didn't make Korea?



    So WTF is point sparring with no hands up?

    They can kick full-contact to the body and head, right?
    I think all that is up the ref honestly ...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  3. #13
    Soju_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    671
    Style
    Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool
    wow........that kinda looks like the design on my instructor's van same words.....this is creepy..... **slowly walks backwards out the door**

    (*_*)

  4. #14
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,781
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Osiris
    wow........that kinda looks like the design on my instructor's van same words.....this is creepy..... **slowly walks backwards out the door**

    (*_*)
    FREEZE
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #15
    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    DAYoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269
    Style
    n/a (ex-Karate)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Osiris
    wow........that kinda looks like the design on my instructor's van same words.....this is creepy..... **slowly walks backwards out the door**

    (*_*)
    Are you kidding?
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon


  6. #16
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,781
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Is there anything uniquely Korean about it? I'm assuming there's nothing particularly 'kicky' about Korea...
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey

    I hope everyone can follow that ...

    If TKD people watch those and don't see what they ought to be shooting towards my entire point is lost .

    * edit *

    if they want to fight ... other wise ... please continue to have "meaning" in your own little realities .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  7. #17
    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    DAYoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269
    Style
    n/a (ex-Karate)
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    If TKD people watch those and don't see what they ought to be shooting towards my entire point is lost .
    Wait.

    Wait.

    Your point is that...

    EVERYONE NEEDS A HUG.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon


  8. #18
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,781
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Wait.

    Wait.

    Your point is that...

    EVERYONE NEEDS A HUG.
    Exactly .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  9. #19
    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    DAYoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269
    Style
    n/a (ex-Karate)
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Exactly .
    *hugs BackFistMonkey*

    *axe kick*
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon


  10. #20
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,448
    Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Hmmm. So it has an intrinsic 'martial' meaning - is this (subject to the usual caveats about LARPers) what you're suggesting?
    In that it is derived from combative practices, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Of course. But you are a practitioner. And surely some practitioners are more qualified than others to decide?
    I can only comment on my practice.

    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Is there anything uniquely Korean about it? I'm assuming there's nothing particularly 'kicky' about Korea...
    Are we speaking here of technique or philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    I know this is pathetic, but can you outline the crucial differences between the WTF and other organisations?
    The WTF is the South Korean organization for the propagation of Olympic Taegwondo.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in