Page 4 of 10 First 12345678 ... Last
  1. #31
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,754
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980

    Its just a ridiculous technique. All these low kicks can be absurbed with the soft tissue parts of the legs, bone aginst bone in this manner is just retarded.(and it hurts like a bitch)
    You are completely ignorant and talking out of your ass .
    Seriously , your statement is absurd . You shin check them because they are TRYING to hit the soft tissues and muscles .

    Please , please , please shut the **** up before you dig yourself a hole that you can't climb up out of .




    and just for the record , I believe the word you were looking for is "absorbed" .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    372
    Style
    VT/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    You are completely ignorant and talking out of your ass .
    Seriously , your statement is absurd . You shin check them because they are TRYING to hit the soft tissues and muscles .

    Please , please , please shut the **** up before you dig yourself a hole that you can't climb up out of .




    and just for the record , I believe the word you were looking for is "absorbed" .
    No! You try and turn your leg into an insensitive callosed bat so you can block whatever you like without feeling **** all.(Because you've killed all the nerves)

    You dont have to meet a incoming kick with a stright on collision, if you yield then yes you can take the kick with the soft tissue/muscles.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,083
    Style
    Muay Thai, Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980
    I'm sorry its just i used to practise muai thai.(my Brother used to go and train in Thailand) and it's alwas been my opinion that the clashing of shins in Mai Thai training/ fighting is one of the stupidest things in Martial Arts.

    Its just a ridiculous technique. All these low kicks can be absurbed with the soft tissue parts of the legs, bone aginst bone in this manner is just retarded.(and it hurts like a bitch)
    Wow, just wow. Can I low kick you? Want to bet money on how many you can take and still walk?

    If you had said it's better to just move away, it might make sense. But that's not possible sometimes as mostly people throw low kicks at the end of hand combinations. Then what're you going to do? Just keep taking it?

  4. #34
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,754
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980
    No! You try and turn your leg into an insensitive callosed bat so you can block whatever you like without feeling **** all.(Because you've killed all the nerves)

    You dont have to meet a incoming kick with a stright on collision, if you yield then yes you can take the kick with the soft tissue/muscles.
    You are fucking retarded brother . I mean that in the best way possible , but I mean it .

    Just so you know the trick to checking incoming low kicks is the angle that you deflect it at and how you move immediately before the kick . Taking a good powerfull low kick on the soft parts of your leg is the most ignorant thing I can think of besides chain punching . So umm , shut the **** up .

    And if you noticed I never said ANYTHING about killing the nerves on your legs . I said to condition properly . Which is much different from rolling pins , ice , and beating your leg with quartz crystal , etc .

    :homo:
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,083
    Style
    Muay Thai, Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by buuface
    damage ? weightlifting causes damage to your muscles which then makes them grow.
    the same principal applies to martial arts. when you take a beating it makes you tougher over time.



    I heard a weird theory from a proffesional kickboxer in chiangmai

    he said that over time kicking the heavy bag causes hairline factures in your shin bone with then fill with calcium deposits makeing your shin harder and over a long time actually make your bone GROW.

    weird.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think that's true. The scientific explaination I've heard is that it kills the nerves along the front of the shin bone, so you feel less pain as you condition it. There are no calcium deposits to make your bones stronger etc. The bone basically stays the same, but it gets "dented" with use of course. And the nerves grow back.

  6. #36
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,754
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    I could be wrong, but I don't think that's true. The scientific explaination I've heard is that it kills the nerves along the front of the shin bone, so you feel less pain as you condition it. There are no calcium deposits to make your bones stronger etc. The bone basically stays the same, but it gets "dented" with use of course. And the nerves grow back.
    Nope ... causing ***** trauma like rolling rolling pins on your shin or ice , INSTEAD of conditioning is what causes the nerves to die and the structure of the leg to stay the same .

    Calcium does collect in the micro-fractures .

    If you can find anything contrary I would love to read it .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,083
    Style
    Muay Thai, Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980
    No! You try and turn your leg into an insensitive callosed bat so you can block whatever you like without feeling **** all.(Because you've killed all the nerves)

    You dont have to meet a incoming kick with a stright on collision, if you yield then yes you can take the kick with the soft tissue/muscles.
    FYI, your brother must not have taught you very well. You check his kicks with your knee if possible, or else using the thickest part of your shin bone, which is nearest the knee. If you do it right, the kicker is going to feel much more pain then you, since he's kicking with the thin part of his shin, near the ankle.

    It's a good trade. Well, much better than just taking it anyway. Having done thousands of squats and lunges and taken many low kicks in conditioning excercises, I would still not choose to take one if I could help it. You must have massive gorilla thighs.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,083
    Style
    Muay Thai, Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Nope ... causing ***** trauma like rolling rolling pins on your shin or ice , INSTEAD of conditioning is what causes the nerves to die and the structure of the leg to stay the same .

    Calcium does collect in the micro-fractures .

    If you can find anything contrary I would love to read it .
    Well, kicking hard bags will kill the nerves too. I don't roll anything on my shins, they get conditioned mainly from kicking hard thai pads, bags and from sparring.

    If the nerves weren't killed, we would still be feeling the same amount of pain after training as we did before we trained. Agree?

    I'll take your word on the calcium and micro-fractures thing, I really have no idea. I guess the body does have a mechanism to heal itself though, so it might be true.

  9. #39
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,754
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    Well, kicking hard bags will kill the nerves too. I don't roll anything on my shins, they get conditioned mainly from kicking hard thai pads, bags and from sparring.

    If the nerves weren't killed, we would still be feeling the same amount of pain after training as we did before we trained. Agree?
    Yes but too many people think this is the end of conditioning .

    I'll take your word on the calcium and micro-fractures thing, I really have no idea. I guess the body does have a mechanism to heal itself though, so it might be true.
    I wish I was sober enough ( still drinking and sloshed from monday night ... trying to deal with some tooth pain ) to track down the studies I have read on the topic . Hopefully someone has the info readily available and will post some links while I am crashed out for the day .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    372
    Style
    VT/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    Wow, just wow. Can I low kick you? Want to bet money on how many you can take and still walk?

    If you had said it's better to just move away, it might make sense. But that's not possible sometimes as mostly people throw low kicks at the end of hand combinations. Then what're you going to do? Just keep taking it?
    Well yes simply moving away constitutes as yielding.

Page 4 of 10 First 12345678 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in