Page 3 of 13 First 1234567 ... Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    141
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calling Doc X a troll will not be tolerated because it is down-right unfair. Also, it is an insult to all trolls everywhere. But, calling him an idiot would be a compliment.

    You need to search for the most fitting word. Right now, We just call him Doc X. He is the unknown idiot. The only living brain donor.


    LG

  2. #22
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Join us... or die
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Prost's Mom
    Posts
    4,380
    Style
    Fucking Prost
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can only gather that I spanked a child so severly his howls now contaminate different threads.

    Needs must, someone must keep the children in their place.

    --J.D.
    Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069
    Style
    BJJ, Ju-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Res Judicata has now gone on record claiming that that he has no first hand knowledge of this supersoke who he refers to as "legit." Interesting. So 50 or 100 posts from now when R.J. is outed as one of this supersoke's students will he recant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata
    I'm not "lying" and do not accuse me of that, troll. I have no firsthand knowledge of the facts of the matter, which I indicated. I (somewhat inartfully) summarized the Aikido Journal article I linked to. It's clearly reported as hearsay -- the "distancing language you referred to" -- and links to the primary source. That's how people report things they have no firsthand knowledge of, i.e. hearsay. There's not really much I can be lying about -- am I lying about what the article says. Do you disagree with my summary?

    Incidentally, the "eventually"s are elisions, not emphasis. They remove omitted material, rather than draw attention to portions of the text. I suppose I could have have used "and then", or "later", "sometime thereafter", "a few years later", etc. . . But I was tired.
    Me think you doth protest too much. Reporting a summary of something you now claim to have previously known was heresay, and you dont put that in the lying/omiting category? WOW you must have a lot of friends.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,633
    Style
    Judo & BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    X has been fine and civil.

    I called Askari a troll, not Dr. X -- for directly calling me a liar without cause. A lie is an intentional falsehood and to call me a liar is an unjustified personal insult. Unjustified personal insults are trolling as far as I'm concerned. (Also for failing to even read the linked information and generally having poor reading comprehension skills. But that falls more into the "imbecile" category rather than troll). If there's a problem with my logic or factual premises, fine, point that out -- there's no insult there and that's not trolling.

    Let me repeat: "I've never studied or seen the art in person, . . . "

    I will note that Angier's story is very specific in terms of dates, places, instructors, etc. that appear to be easily verifiable. It doesn't feel bullshido-ish either, but that's just my gut impression.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069
    Style
    BJJ, Ju-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata
    Just FYI: Yanagi-ryu is a legit koryu art and Angier is the legit soke of the art through Kenji Yoshida. It's an amazing story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata
    A lie is an intentional falsehood and to call me a liar is an unjustified personal insult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata
    I have no firsthand knowledge of the facts of the matter
    ...
    It's clearly reported as hearsay.
    So, you knew that the information was hearsay, yet you posted it as fact, calling it a legit koryu art and Angier as the legit soke.

    By your own definition you are now admitting that you lied in your first posts, the ones that I called attention to.

    Thank you for the confirmation.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

  6. #26
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,437
    Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata
    X has been fine and civil.

    I called Askari a troll, not Dr. X -- for directly calling me a liar without cause. A lie is an intentional falsehood and to call me a liar is an unjustified personal insult. Unjustified personal insults are trolling as far as I'm concerned. (Also for failing to even read the linked information and generally having poor reading comprehension skills. But that falls more into the "imbecile" category rather than troll). If there's a problem with my logic or factual premises, fine, point that out -- there's no insult there and that's not trolling.

    Let me repeat: "I've never studied or seen the art in person, . . . "

    I will note that Angier's story is very specific in terms of dates, places, instructors, etc. that appear to be easily verifiable. It doesn't feel bullshido-ish either, but that's just my gut impression.
    See, this is why you were called a liar. Your info comes from his website. The dates should be verifiable but, you haven't checked. So, you can't say it is 100% fact if you haven't checked the facts.

    Yet, that is exactly what you did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata
    Just FYI: Yanagi-ryu is a legit koryu art and Angier is the legit soke of the art through Kenji Yoshida. It's an amazing story. http://www.bugei.com/angier.html
    Now this is your first post. Notice nowhere in this post do you state this is secondhand information. Nowhere do you say you have never met this person.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/01/2006 2:15pm at .

  7. #27
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Join us... or die
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Prost's Mom
    Posts
    4,380
    Style
    Fucking Prost
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I never thought My Humble Magnificence and "civil" would appear in the same sentence.

    Right, there is an alternative to "lie"--"mistake." Is Res Judicata "mistaken."

    He mentioned that the story--from Angier's own website--has been confirmed with "scrolls" and all of that.

    So . . . the question is, is there independent confirmation?

    I, personally, do not have a "dog in the fight" one way or the other. I found it "strange" that a gaijin would be given a legitimate sokeship.

    --J.D.
    Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,434
    Style
    Kickboxing/Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From e-budo's Google cache:

    Richard Elias:
    "I have seen references to Yanagi ryu being koryu in the recent past. Having been a direct student of Don Angier and having done, and continuing to do, research on the arts history and itís exponents, I would like to point out that at this time there is nothing verifiable to confirm that Yanagi ryu is a koryu art, and it should not be stated as being so. The art can only be traced back two generations before Don Angier, to his teacherís father Yoshida Kotaro. Tracing the family line and the art before him has proven difficult due to some of his activities and associations prior to and during WW2. We have been unable to verify the arts existence prior to him. The most concrete being a photo of his son Kenji (Donís teacher) in his teens in front of the family armor and a scroll reading ďYanagi ryu Aiki BugeiĒ, that has been dated to the mid 1920ís that is in the possession of Don Angier. Evidence has been found in reference to a Yanagi ryu associated to someone by the name of Yoshida, but as of yet we cannot confirm if it is the same family of Yoshida or the same Yanagi ryu. Yoshida is a very common name in Japan, and in the past Yanagi has also been used to refer to branches of Yoshin ryu. It is highly possible that the art is at the very least based in a koryu art(s), but the honest truth is at this point we just donít know for sure."

    http://www.kwoon.info/forum/viewtopi...b0bbf6d2ef48cf

    Summary: Yukiyoshi Takamura mentions Yoshida Kotaro's time as a Daito-Ryu student and of getting a pic of Yoshida with his grandfather.

    Basically, it seems like Angier sincerely inherited *a* martial tradition. He admits himself that he extraoplated aspects of it. Yoshida Kotaro was a real person and martial artist, as photo evidence and third party sources confirm.

  9. #29
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Join us... or die
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Prost's Mom
    Posts
    4,380
    Style
    Fucking Prost
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Research-Fu 4 t3h w1n!!!11!

    Anyways, so what happened to the intial poster who had a "bug up his ass" about whom this Angier chose as a successor?

    --J.D.
    Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069
    Style
    BJJ, Ju-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    Anyways, so what happened to the intial poster who had a "bug up his ass" about whom this Angier chose as a successor?
    That is especially interesting because in common law a person generally has the right to select their own inheritors. I wonder why a third party would be mud slinging as well.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Page 3 of 13 First 1234567 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in