Page 12 of 13 First ... 28910111213 Last
  1. #111

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, the current soke does not sell the secrets of the art for $27+

    He sells a kenjitsu video and a hojo video and a kama video and a couple other weapon videos, for $27+ "each." But he does not sell any videos on H2H

  2. #112
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,803
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Burns View Post
    Actually, the current soke does not sell the secrets of the art for $27+

    He sells a kenjitsu video and a hojo video and a kama video and a couple other weapon videos, for $27+ "each." But he does not sell any videos on H2H
    Right... you see the irony of that ? Learn the weapons, and learn the H2H, as the H2H flows from the weapons (specifically sword), correct ?

    The fact is, he is selling videos, of a family art, that Mr. Angier was super-careful to only select students after a 1 to 3 year wait-list (see the bugei.com autobiography).

    Now, I'm assuming that the videos would be based on what he learned from Angier...

    Anyway, a man has to make a living, right?

    And I'm not expecting you to defend what the current soke does or does not do, BTW.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #113
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,803
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Burns View Post
    Well I am not "claiming" any "credential" as far as what I train in so I don't need to prove it. And I am not "claiming" proficiency, so it can't be considered a false "claim." I just take classes at a dojo and practice with my son in the living room. So why would anyone demand proof that I go to a dojo and practice in my living room? Is it a rule of the website that I post a picture of myself in my gi?
    You claimed to have studied with one of Mr. Angier's students for several years, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #114

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Right... you see the irony of that ? Learn the weapons, and learn the H2H, as the H2H flows from the weapons (specifically sword), correct ?

    The fact is, he is selling videos, of a family art, that Mr. Angier was super-careful to only select students after a 1 to 3 year wait-list (see the bugei.com autobiography).

    Now, I'm assuming that the videos would be based on what he learned from Angier...

    Anyway, a man has to make a living, right?

    And I'm not expecting you to defend what the current soke does or does not do, BTW.
    I am not defending any of the soke's choices, but there is a reason for the wait list, because H2H is also "hands on" and to ensure quality instruction it is important to not be overloaded with too many students, so you can give ample time to each person.

  5. #115

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Claiming to have "studied" with him for several years, but not claiming any specific "credentials" of proficiency.

  6. #116
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,803
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    The gentleman claims no martial arts credential other than training martial arts in his living room with his son and taking Aikido classes at a dojo.
    That is good enough for me.
    No, he claimed to have trained with one of Mr. Angier's top students, but lost the rank certs in moving to Florida, more or less.

    I would agree it's kinda moot anyway.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #117
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,803
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Burns View Post
    I am not defending any of the soke's choices, but there is a reason for the wait list, because H2H is also "hands on" and to ensure quality instruction it is important to not be overloaded with too many students, so you can give ample time to each person.
    So you trained with Jeremy Breazeale? Because Mr. Angier was the one with the wait list of one to three years, according to his autobiographical writings at bugei.com and at ejmas.com
    http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_angier_0501.htm

    Now, Mr. Breazeale may have a wait list as well, and I've got no problem with that, for sure if you have a small group of dedicated students, it's a lot easier to ensure quality control and more/better progress, with caveats.

    As soke, he can do what he wants, obviously.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #118
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,803
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Burns View Post
    Claiming to have "studied" with him for several years, but not claiming any specific "credentials" of proficiency.
    So what was the certificate that got lost while moving to Florida for?

    Anyway, this all arose because you started writing about structural chains or what-not, claimed to have trained with somebody (who is now dead, RIP) in Yanagi Shidari Ryu.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #119

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    2,179
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    No, he claimed to have trained with one of Mr. Angier's top students, but lost the rank certs in moving to Florida, more or less.

    I would agree it's kinda moot anyway.
    Wait a tic, I know of somebody that claims to be one Don Angier's students, a fellow by the name of George Ledyard.
    He comes off as one of the "magic chi" Aikido guys,
    who claims that he trained hard in his youth,
    and sometimes makes comments about bouncing people through the mat.
    Ledyard has a martial arts associate (Tobin E Threadgill who is also a sword-jiu-jitsu type) who make ridiculous sounding claims that he (Threadgill) does secret agent type work.
    Look, maybe we should stop picking on this guy.
    Is it safe to assume that the Don Angier lineage is one of those groups that believes in magic chi powers as part of their lineage training?
    Because, my feeling would be: anybody that believes in magic chi powers by default either suffers from mental illness to some degree, or has some other cognitive problem.
    And if that is the case, I actually feel like that while it is OK to correct them when they claim that chi powers exist,
    that we should not pick on them, because there is evidence by default that they have some form of cognitive problem or mental illness.
    I'm being serious.
    Last edited by WFMurphyPhD; 8/09/2017 4:04pm at .

  10. #120

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So you trained with Jeremy Breazeale? Because Mr. Angier was the one with the wait list of one to three years, according to his autobiographical writings at bugei.com and at ejmas.com
    http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_angier_0501.htm

    Now, Mr. Breazeale may have a wait list as well, and I've got no problem with that, for sure if you have a small group of dedicated students, it's a lot easier to ensure quality control and more/better progress, with caveats.

    As soke, he can do what he wants, obviously.
    I was referring to Angier Soke's waiting list.

Page 12 of 13 First ... 28910111213 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in