Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    In Transition

What Kind of Flue is This?

So my brother and sister were sick last week. I told myself I wouldn't get sick the 1st day of school this year (like last year...).

So Wednesday I felt fine. Got off the bus. Started walking. WTF!? My shins hurt. Like, a LOT. I didn't do anything in the past few days, either. Next day. They hurt even more!!! To the point where I didn't want to walk to the bathroom (from one of my classes) because of the pain. In the evening I started getting a headache and a fever. I knew what was coming, so I went to be early. No help, though, since I woke up dying. Turned off my alarm clock and went back to sleep. So now I'm up (after 11 hours of sleep total), still feeling like ****, but more importantly: now my calves and hip flexors hurt. It's the kind of pain you get the next day when you overwork a muscle. So I don't know. My calf started hurting last night, actually, but now both of them hurt and my hip flexors. Is this normal? Or am I dying?

Style
    FBSD
    This illness is so bad, it's affected your spelling.

Someone call the CDC.

Seriously though, it sounds normal for a nasty flu bug. Last time i had the flu i couldn't physically move for 2 days, and slept for 16 hours straight. Made the torturous trek to the Doctor, who promptly gave me some anti-biotics. I went to school the next day.

Style
    Fish Oil
    Sweep yer chimney for two bits govna!

Although it probably isn't mono I had a lot of aches in my bones/muscles when I had mono.
    Last edited by A.D.D; 9/29/2006 1:23pm at .

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Style
    Improv comedy
    Take some IBprofin (advil or motrin) for joint inflamation and see a doctor.

of course I am just sime guy on the Internet

Style
    BJJ
    I'm pissed I didn't see this thread earlier.
    The chimney line already got taken.

Style
    In Transition
    I don't understand the chimney line. :(

I doubt it's mono. I'm pretty sure I just got it from my brother and sister (sister was sick first, then brother, now me).

Style
    all things in Moderation
    flue != flu.

I have to say it is most likely the common "flu" . But it may be mono you will in know in a month or two .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    In Transition
    Hmmm...

The More You Know....

Why would I know in a month or two?

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Hmmm...

The More You Know....

Why would I know in a month or two?
    Mono is one of those things that can stick with you for a year ... sometimes 6 months ... sometimes more than a year . You will know if you end up with mono ... just not right off the bat... unless you go see a doctor and then there is nothing they can really do about it .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    In Transition
    My sister went to the doctor (she was sick first) and they gave her some anti-biotics to take if she didn't get better on her own. She did, though, and she's the sickliest person in my family, because she hardly ever sleeps or eats.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last