Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'am NOOB hear me BLah Blah BLah

Ok Here is my NOOB post .

Where am I at? Seattle area

How old am I ? I'm middle aged man.

Have I trained before? Yes. Two different places. One was a kung fu with street fight orientation. Other was temple kung fu in bellevue. Temple was an expierience. I got lots of good work outs. I did not pay that much. Group classes were free if you were in a belt program. Total I paid out over three years was about $2000. I thought that was pretty good considering I was there 4 to 5 times a week. After the first three years my career changed and I was not in town much. I was welcomed back everytime I was in town and did not have to pay anything.

I have not been back there for a few years now. I'm currently not training much.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome mate
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Style
    Not.....working
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfred
    Ok Here is my NOOB post .

Where am I at? Seattle area

How old am I ? I'm middle aged man.

Have I trained before? Yes. Two different places. One was a kung fu with street fight orientation. Other was temple kung fu in bellevue. Temple was an expierience. I got lots of good work outs. I did not pay that much. Group classes were free if you were in a belt program. Total I paid out over three years was about $2000. I thought that was pretty good considering I was there 4 to 5 times a week. After the first three years my career changed and I was not in town much. I was welcomed back everytime I was in town and did not have to pay anything.

I have not been back there for a few years now. I'm currently not training much.
    Welcome!Where to you want to go from here,Darkfred?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Krumpus
    Welcome!Where to you want to go from here,Darkfred?
    Just looking right now. I may join small place close to where I live just for some work-outs and sparring. I'm basically moving into my own style by trying out a lot of other styles.
    Jeet Kun do makes sense to me in that you develop your own thing. Something that ages and changes with you.
    Ground work makes sense in a mano e mano, but not with multiples. Multiples is more of a evade, strike ,evade,strike, let the opponents get in their own way thing. DO not get wrapped up with one opponent and let the five or more others beat on you.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No offense, but you do know that multiples = being basically screwed? No martial art will help you with multiple attackers, a striking art will not be of much help, if any, in a confrontation with more than 1 person.

Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings Darkfred, wellcome to Bullshido.
    Read around and filtrate knowledge, experience and sometimes wisdom from the often harsh words...
    I'll shoot with a couple of questions that came to my mind, if you don't mind:
    You want to "move into your own style" after training in two not really identifiable kung fu styles? Isn't it too soon for something like that?
    The "small place for work-out and sparring" you're planning to join, what exactly is that? A gym, a club or just a couple of guys getting together under no professional guidance?
    What was the sparring like at your kung fu schools before?
    Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators
    No offense, but you do know that multiples = being basically screwed? No martial art will help you with multiple attackers, a striking art will not be of much help, if any, in a confrontation with more than 1 person.
    Do not agree there at all. I've had to deal with multiples with my little or no skills. I travel a lot and I like seedy bars in foriegn country's. Well sometimes my companions can be drunken ugly americans. The local tough'guys take offense. I have been hit plenty but in general we get out of the situation and the tough guys do not follow. I'm a bigger guy then average. What seems to work best is just get mad dog ruthless, locate an exit and get out. Most bar brawlers swing their fists at your head, easy counter, three to four strikes to ,groin , solarplexus, throat, knees,and move on to next guy. Just get the hell out before they get up or start pulling out weapons and get out of area before Police show up. Police will arrest you because you are the outsider.

I remember one time one guy we were with was a state chmpion wrestler. He was kind of an ass. We ll he decided to grapple with some guy. Well grappling worked on the one guy but the local tough guys three friends kicked the **** out of both of them until we finally plowed through got our wrestler asshole and got out.
    Last edited by Darkfred; 1/05/2007 1:20pm at .

Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do not agree there at all.
    Darkfred, I tend not to believe the things you write.
    And even if your bar traveling would be true, you need help in logics.
    If you are in a bar WITH FRIENDS (buddies, colleagues, whatever), it's not exactly YOU against MULTIPLE ATTACKERS.
    It's multiple against multiple.
    And the "wrestler on the ground getting kicked" urban myth probably really happened once somewhere, I just don't think you are THE one witness we all were looking for.
    So what do you really want to tell us?
    And what is it you are really looking for on Bullshido?
    And care to answer my questions posted a couple of posts higher?
    Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Style
    Inept BJJer
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember one time one guy we were with was a state chmpion wrestler. He was kind of an ass. We ll he decided to grapple with some guy. Well grappling worked on the one guy but the local tough guys three friends kicked the **** out of both of them until we finally plowed through got our wrestler asshole and got out.
    Got video?

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mike Tyson went to jail for beating up 2 people after he had a car bingle with them. Then there's that Mike Valley video. I'd say MA's can work versus multiples - its an outside chance for most of us though... Be better practising savvy self defense ie. leg it to a crowded area.

Also I did Judo with a few guys who were very tough guys and could quickly throw people and walk away with said person hurting. Some of them had previously been bouncers. So for some people I'd say its possible.

But this is newbietown so not the place for such debates.
    Last edited by Lefty; 1/05/2007 10:32pm at .

Page 1 of 2 12 Last