Page 3 of 8 First 1234567 ... Last
    Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pancomplex
    Is It Fake??.....Thank you for your response. You are correct in that Dillman has and continues to either contradict himself or make paper thin excuses regarding why his techniques and applications have been ineffective.

The more I read on Mr. Dillman and his claims the more I see him as nothing more than a very clever salesman and con artist.
    Well unless you read posts way back when the website started, people stop investigating.

Yes, people make fun of him without research now. He has said enough crap to prove he is BSing people.

Hell, way back when he started becoming big it was alleged he learned all of his stuff at seminars only. Then he started producing books and videos. The rest is shitstory.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Research how? When the guy himself contradicts what he says, what more do you need?

Being able to Raise your toes defeats pressure points.
    Being atheletic defeats pressure points.
    Being tense defeats pressure points.

These are all things said by Dillman himself in interviews.

If you are in a "street fight" I'd say you'd be tense well, that defeats the purpose of learning this **** right there doesn't it?

PP have a shock value but rarely work. Yes, I was learning them (no not from Dillman) they work really well on compliant or unsuspecting partners. The ones that give you enough time to find them because they stand around waiting.

Never knocked anyone out with them or seen anyone die from having them applied.

Proof enough?
    Just FYI -- I've been to a seminar or two featuring Dillman (with Remy Presas and Wally Jay). My own humble opinion is that he is nothing special.

He does a good job of knocking people out when he can hit them while they stand there waiting to be hit.

However, based on what my own FMA instructor (the seminar organizer) had to say about his experience with Dillman at the time -- Dillman is all about the greenbacks. Dillman's first words off the plane to my FMA instructor were essentially "did you get the money? How many people are coming to the seminar?"

I also noticed in my first seminar in which Dillman showed up that he was always happy to touch on some topic tangentally and then try to sell you on his books ("This is all in my book blah blah blah...). Now, I heard that Dillman wasn't feeling well that day (he had a cold) so he didn't even KO anyone for the spectacle of it all -- but all we did were useless wrist-pressure point-manipulations for a while. Nothing special at all.

Add to my own personal experience the utterly ridiculous no-touch crap and goofy ideas he's been on about lately (courtesy of the videos you've already seen), and it pretty much equates to Dillman just being an average (perhaps sub-average) karate guy trying to use his own brand of snake oil to make a buck -- and I gather he's made a few.

If you're curious about pressure points get a good book on anatomy and maybe one of Jwing Ming Yang's books on Chin-Na , but not a whole lot of it will be useful in a practical fighting sense. I wouldn't venture so far to say as it's *all* useless -- but given the cost of Dillman books/DVD's, I'd advise against wasting the money.

-dagorilla

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grandnat...Yes he "claims" to use Chi but he also employs actual strikes to pressure points and the response being of total incapacitation by the recipient of the blow. How accurate is the feedback being shown by the individuals being struck?
    My troll meter is going off............oh, wait, ****, my phones on vibrate.....

Dillman should die for telling children (or anyone for that matter) that they can defend themselves from a largeer, much stronger, violent, str33t thug through the use of EITHER harnessing chi OR pressure point strikes. IMHO, he a fr-ud because I have never seen any of his "techniques" work on anyone except his students, students of his students, or other brainwashed chi-mongers who have been indoctrinated into the fantasy world of pressure point knockouts and no touch knockouts. Worse yet, he is a grossly negligent fr-ud for telling his students that this **** will work in a SD senario; he is going to get one of his hapless lemming killed one of these days.

Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    daGorilla....Thank you for your response as it is exactly what I was hoping for.

I find your experience incredibly valuable as you seem to be one of the very few forum members who has attended Mr. Dillmans' seminars and have seen his claims live on the training floor.

Thank you again for the information and I will look into Chin-Na as you recommend.

Style
    Whoo-Hoo-Fu!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WWGDD?

TKD

Style
    No gym currently.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it me being way too sceptical, or does the whole original post sound like marketing spiel?

First let me say that this is my 1st time posting on your excellent and informative forums having just joined. I have been visiting your forums for months now and overall have found the members here to be polite, educated, insightful and at times extremely funny in your exposures of martial art frauds and phonies.
    this guy can't be a troll, he likes the site...

My question has to do with Mr. George Dillman and his knowledge. I am sure that most of you have heard and/or read about Mr. Dillman and his long resume. From stating that he has taught Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali to being considered by some as the leading authority in pressure point techniques in the western world he certainly seems to have the credentials.
    George does sound great, doesn't he?

I decided to visit his website www.dillman.com in the hopes of attaining either one of his pressure point books or instructional DVD's to aid in my training and add to my knowledge base. As you can see he has many training and instructional aids as well as having some small preview video clips of what one can expect or hope to learn by purchasing his DVD's.
    you forgot to mention about the prices being great and the secure site taking all major credit cards...

I'm probably reading way too much into it...

Style
    yang taichi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does boxing. How can a boxer be apart of the Dillman M.A.S?

Last edited by mrblackmagic; 8/08/2006 10:58am at .
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sochin101...You are reading too much into my original post. I was just being polite by introducing myself to the community and linked Mr. Dillmans' site for verification purposes only. Trust me, after everything that I have read in this and other posts concerning Mr. Dillman, the last thing I would recommend is to invest any money in this con-man.

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."
    Style
    Out-Of-Shape MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sochin101...You are reading too much into my original post. I was just being polite by introducing myself to the community and linked Mr. Dillmans' site for verification purposes only. Trust me, after everything that I have read in this and other posts concerning Mr. Dillman, the last thing I would recommend is to invest any money in this con-man.
    Had your search-fu been stronger, you would have seen EVERYTHING THAT'S BEEN POSTED HERE is also posted in other threads.

Granted, your prose and manner are clear and likeable, and had you posted about something that hadn't been beaten to death numerous times, you may have been recieved with a warm smile and some cocoa for you ailments. Or maybe some hot apple pie from mom. Or not.

Style
    Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    A "Known/Exposed Frauds" section would be excellent. For getting Phrost sued ASAP, that is. NEVER use the F word publically.
    Yes, it should be known/exposed FUCKHEADS

Page 3 of 8 First 1234567 ... Last