Page 11 of 185 First ... 7891011121314152161111 ... Last

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio
    Again, as with the last thread, we request that people don't stoop to insulting his staff or students, they had no part in this and don't deserve to endure grief for what Coda has brought upon himself.
    Sorry dude, at this point if anybody still buys his bullshit then they're morons and deserve whatever they get.

Style
    JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    Where do they make such claims? Are they making these claims to the detriment of students and others? Is there a public record of such claims we could use to impeach these students' credibilites? If not, then no, we're not going to call "bullshido" on them. The idea of the site is to take people who make fraudulent or false claims about martial arts and expose them. If people merely believe things about themselves that are not true, and nothing they do defrauds a student, misleads the public, or so on, then they haven't done anything for which the site can really expose. So it's not a good idea to bring his students into the discussion unless they publicly make false or fraudulent claims.

Their bios have some claims. One with like 100 MA legends as his teachers, I think just about all of them have 'Full Contact Fighting Champion" - They claim to have legit BB and yet call Coda their chief instructor; I will not waste my time bringing them into the discussion but they are delusional as well.

Style
    TKD & BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me clarify -

Dispute their claims all you'd like, that's what Bullshido is for. Dispute their skills, and their decision to train under Coda.

Please don't talk trash because of things like weight issues, haircuts, masculinity, etc. It serves no purpose other than to make fun of people, and really doesn't do this investigation any good - in fact, stuff like that only gives the opposite side ammo to hold against us (like Dagon's comments on abortion and retardation getting a parent's hackles up). Be Bullies, but not bullies, if that makes any sense.

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."
    Style
    Out-Of-Shape MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading Coda's posts made the contents of my skull ache with a dull, throbbing pain. I can no longer stand to read the words he types. YES, it's that bad.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Tenshi ^_^
    Not to chum the waters more than needs be, but itís been 3 days as of writing this article, and while he has gone through the rather difficult process of putting up a True Power Martial Arts Academy Forum- donít all go sign up at once now-

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Sorry dude, at this point if anybody still buys his bullshit then they're morons and deserve whatever they get.
    We have a few more things to check and then, like you said, we will be going to the local papers. They are always looking for stories. Since Coda seems incapable of coming completely clean and since local and impartial martial arts instructors think he does not know what he is doing we have a solid case.

To Coda, and I know you are reading this; we gave you multiple opportunities to settle these issues. First by email with Dai Tenshi, then on the first thread, then at our meeting Monday night, and finally on this thread. At every opportunity you lied in the hopes that we would either go away or not check your stories. Only when you got caught did you admit that you had lied, and then only to one issue. Well we plan to stay on this story, however long it takes. We know that you are sub-par martial artists, a bad teacher, and a habitual liar. We will not have you teaching martial arts in our community.
    Last edited by Olorin; 8/06/2006 11:31pm at .

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly. staffhall of fame
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bull + china shop = LoL-erbots

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin

Ew, you had me there for a second...wait you didn't actually register my name over there did you?

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Dai we need to get into contact with the Newspress and the OíColly and see if they would be interested in a story about a local MA instructor that has lied about his experience, credentials, and tournament record. However I think we should wait until school is back in cession so that the story will reach the maximum number of people.

In addition lets contact the Daily Oklahoman and the Tulsa World, you never know they might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Ew, you had me there for a second...wait you didn't actually register my name over there did you?
    I would never pretend to be the Omega. That pic is just an example of my new found love of photo manipulation. I did register as myself, but somehow I doubt they will let me post.
    Last edited by Olorin; 8/06/2006 11:09pm at .

Style
    Grappling/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I can't stand about this Coda fellow is the false sincerity of his 'apology'. If you edit his post into something coherent and abridged it sounds like this: "Ok guys, you found me out, I've been a bad little boy... I should know better....But thank you for this because I can now become a better person... let's leave the past behind us and look forward to the future". In other words my misdeeds are now ancient history and should be forgotten about.

The sad thing is this type of crap works. Don't be suprised if several students still stay with this character. In fact if he's smart he'll turn this whole episode to his advantage. Similar to if he was a recovering addict he'll tell the students, "I didn't realize my behavior was hurting those closest to me, now let us please all work together to get past this ugly incident".

Style
    casual
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sad..but too true.

This particular thread is a fine example of the original mandate of this site.
    All involved?
    Ya done good.
    I would award ya the 'Sam Browning Award' for putting in the time for real time investigation.

Kudos.

Page 11 of 185 First ... 7891011121314152161111 ... Last