Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Capoeira

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Capoeira

Too many people are not familiar with Capoeira and do not understand what it is! Is it a dance, or is it a fight?
    can it be used for self defence or is it just for fitness?

This is probably an awesome opportunity to get char-broiled but I know someone here (admittedly or not) practices Capoeira.

-B
    Last edited by Bender; 7/25/2006 12:26pm at . Reason: forgot a word

Style
    Starting Strength
    Four months and you still haven't found the search function?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Style
    creonte on hiatus
    search func... also, your post makes no sense. Are you stating that too many people do not understand capoeira, or are you asking if that's a fact?

And why do you say "too many people" don't understand capo? All those "too many people", why should they understand it? When someone says "too many people" don't X where X is an action (or ability to perform an action), it implies that X should be commonplace, yet it's not.

I like potatoe pancakes with wipped cream and blueberry topping, btw... and muscular women with strong legs and nut-crunching buttcheeks.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Style
    no gi bjj
    While we're on topic... is Taekwondo really 2000 years old? Is chi the same as ki and can I really knock you out with it? Do cucumbers really taste better pickled? Why am I growing hair in places there was no hair before?
    -Jordan

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by theraydiator
    Why am I growing hair in places there was no hair before?
    That is one of the better questions I have seen as of late.

Four months and you still haven't found the search function?

I did search I just did not get the results I was looking for maybe I need to better define my criteria.

Oh well , **** it.

-B

Style
    creonte on hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by theraydiator
    Why am I growing hair in places there was no hair before?
    Don't worry dude, vaginas grow hair naturally as you get older :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Style
    creonte on hiatus
    Hey, you are derailing the subject, we are talking about hair growing where once did not!!!! :biblethum

Style
    Muay Thai
    also im starting to develop a downy fluff on my chest

Style
    Relson GJJ
    I bathe in Nairô weekly, so my body is completely hairless. It's wonderful.

I know this isn't a capoeira thread or anything, but I did do some bs cap back at school. It was fun and fluid but I never would have used it in a self defense situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last