Page 3 of 12 First 1234567 ... Last

TigerofShaolin, can you point me to any webpages that can trace WC back 1400 years? Any history I learned about it said it was a conglamoration of arts from about 400 years ago.

I'm not trying to call your bluff or anything, just like to get my history from as many sources as possible.

Yes InsideOut i can look at http://www.wengchun.de --- english --- history there Weng Chun is traced back at least - if you want to know it exactly - 1483yrs. In 520AD there was a temple in the southern Shaolin temple where Weng Chun was practiced and developed.
    What you say is very strange i have never heard of a conglomeration of arts about 400yrs ago.But i think that doesn't matter.

At MrMcFu Cornelia Seiferth has won against lots of GJJer with Weng Chun. In 1999 she won a European Gracie Jiu Jitsu Championship. At that time she only practiced GJJ for 2 years.And Weng Chun for 5 years.With only 2yrs of GJJ she could never have won the Championship!
    That also stands in GM Hoffmann's book about Weng Chun.
    I think Cornelia also has her own website.
    I have practiced with Cornelia and i really can tell you she's a female fighting legend.

Please wait i will not have much time for answering your questions. In about one week i will be ready to answer.
    Just post your questions my dear martial brothers and sisters.
    I will answer.

520AD ey?
    So what about this boddhisathva dude coming in from india? when was that?

Tiger of Shaolin, of course it helps to be athletic or have previous training in a martial art in order to do well in a different MA. Why would one make the huge assumption that Weng Chun (moreso than any other factor) has enabled this person, who was training in GJJ for 2 years, to beat other GJJ players? What about her hard training in GJJ? Maybe THAT had something to do with it?

Badness will not be rewarded supporting member

Style
    BJJ
    Do you have any footage? I need more evidence than your word.

What about the adult male silverback gorilla?

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
    Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

Style
    Chinese Kung Fu
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!~~ ROFL! 1400 years?

Kuroneko,
    You're right. 540 ad is about the time Buddhism arrived in China! Never mind Shaolin gong-fu.

If any of you nuts want to trace your damn gong-fu back to an Indian monk coming over to help translate suttras and teaching a little yoga, suit your self. My style is even older since I trace it back to the invention of steel, so there!

Never mind that that was the NORTHERN Shaolin temple, in Henan. The southern temple referenced in the article was built many centuries later.

Any one who thinks they can trace back ANY shaolin related gong-fu past the temples destruction in the 17th century has been reading to many comic books. Don't fault the website though. I'm afraid it's just your brain that's gone to mush. The website only says, "Bodhidharma laid the foundations of Weng Chun by looking for a holistic approach to the questions of human existence..." So, o.k. the PHILOSOPHICAL FOUNDATIONS go back 1400 years. Big deal.

BAH ! Puny Humans !
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Style
    Chinese Kung Fu
    p.s. I practice a Wudang style so the philosphical foundations can be said to have been laid down over 5000 years ago!!! hahaha...

BAH ! Puny Humans !
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Style
    Weight Training
    I'm not impressed by the videos.....

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Style
    10th Planet JJ
    Your style is only 1400 years old? You silly puny man, that's nothing to be proud of. The style I practice, Krav Maga, the Original Art of the Jews is traced back to Creation as it was passed directly from God to Adam, who then made Eve his first deciple. It is clearly documented that Noah, King David, and Moses were Krav Maga practitioners, Moses even incorporated some of the Ancient Egyptian martial arts. In fact, he parted the Red Sea with a massive release of Ki. Samson, another prominent Krav Maga practitioner is known for face locking lions, and arm-baring a whole temple, killing numerous enemies in one fell swoop. Talk about utilizing grappling to ifght multiple oponents. Now could a puny striker like you do that? Didn't think so.

Your puny chinese martial arts are NOTHING compared to the Original Art, which is clearly traced back to the Creator himself.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Page 3 of 12 First 1234567 ... Last