Thread: injury?

Style
    hey i'm just wondering what the possibility of injury are when taking shots to the body/kidney's. I have a really hard roundhouse kick but i often pull it when fight certain people cause i'm afraid of hurting them. I weigh about 160 and i'm 17 should i be concerned about causing injury with punches or kicks to the solar plexus, ribs or kidneys. Assuming that these people aren't well conditioned.

thnx in advance

I think you already know the answer to this question.

Style
    then why would i ask?

Style
    Weight Training
    wander on.....

of course there is a possibility....then go spar with chest protectors....

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

"in final closing look yourselves in the mirror and you might see yourself." Posted by big buck - June 05 2003
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

IMO, you shouldn't be sparring full contact unless you can handle getting hit.

If you feel the guys in your class aren't up to it, maybe you could find a tactful, respectful way to suggest some body conditioning exercises to your instructor.

A really good one (besides taking progressively stronger kicks to various areas over a long period of time) is to take a 20+ lb. medicine ball and roll around on it in a sort of pushup position without your arms touching the ground.

Back when I did Wing Chun, we used to do three-star forearm conditioning, shin, thigh, and body kicks (force dependent on what the other guy could take).