Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,854
    Style
    Improv comedy

    MMA terms in Pro wraslin

    It's interesting to see moves and terms like guard and Jiuji gatame being used in a pro wreslting WWE match

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx7GErVGQgo

  2. #2
    and good morning to you too supporting member
    PirateJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    3,240
    Style
    MT/BJJ
    But who will be the first to bring the STFU to MMA?


    I wonder would jumping off the fence onto someone be legal in mma?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    315
    Style
    Boxing
    They mention Jiu-Jitsu, Armbar, Catch-as-catch-can, Jiuji gatame, the guard, Top Wristlock (CACC term).

    Benoit trained with with Stu Hart, now I know it was pro westling instruction but supposedly Stu actually knew CACC. I wonder if Benoit could really grapple at all?

  4. #4
    Still digging on James Brown

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lund, Sweden
    Posts
    1,333
    Style
    BJJ & Judo (1k)
    Somehow, watching bad grappling just got worse.

  5. #5
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,358
    Style
    Dancing the Spears
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    But who will be the first to bring the STFU to MMA?


    I wonder would jumping off the fence onto someone be legal in mma?
    I've been intending to bounce off the ropes and hit someone with something at some point. I think it would be hilarious.

  6. #6
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,854
    Style
    Improv comedy
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickJab
    They mention Jiu-Jitsu, Armbar, Catch-as-catch-can, Jiuji gatame, the guard, Top Wristlock (CACC term).

    Benoit trained with with Stu Hart, now I know it was pro westling instruction but supposedly Stu actually knew CACC. I wonder if Benoit could really grapple at all?

    Benoit may have started with the Harts but got a lot of training in Japan where the style stayed close to actual submission wrestling and where the line between shoot and work is very thin. I.E. The japanese had a tendancy to hurt western wrestlers unless the western wrestlers could turn it back on them and earn their respect.

  7. #7
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,854
    Style
    Improv comedy
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I've been intending to bounce off the ropes and hit someone with something at some point. I think it would be hilarious.

    Do a drop kick.

    That would be soooooooo awesome

  8. #8
    Fearless Ukemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,837
    Style
    JJ of the B variety
    Frankensteiner!

  9. #9
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,854
    Style
    Improv comedy
    Submit them with a sharpshooter Or even better a figure four

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    315
    Style
    Boxing
    Supposedly Bret Hart tapped Ken Shamrock in a backstage fight. Its become a part of wrestling lore. Another story is Chris Jericho (another Hart student) tapping Goldberg backstage.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in