Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Style
    Krav Maga

Fixed blade tactical knife

Anyone got a fixed blade tactical knife they're a big fan of? I'm looking to pick one up in the near future. I'm a bit of a benchmade nut, so the Nimravus is already on the list. Fandom is starting to feel a little like tunnel-vision lately, though and I'm curious if there's something awesome out there I haven't seen yet.

I'd like to avoid tanto points and serrations, although I'm not opposed to partial serrations. Ideally I'd spend less than $100, but I could a little over for great tool.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    Last edited by plasma; 5/10/2006 12:59pm at .

Style
    Krav Maga
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze

I'm not sure how I feel about CRKT. Their designers are awesome and their prices are great, but they seem to be slipping when it comes to materials. 440A seems a little soft for a blade in that price range. Does it hold an edge well?

Style
    untrained idiot
    What's your primary purpose for this knife? Self Defense tool, or all around Knife use?

i've heard nothing but good things about the Ka-Bar TDI for self defense (that Kage happens to have in his Sig)

not sure how usefull it'd be as an all around carry knife.

I carry a CRKT M16 folder on a regular basis and i don't think i've ever wished i had a fixed blade instead.

Style
    Krav Maga
    Quote Originally Posted by Archr5
    What's your primary purpose for this knife? Self Defense tool, or all around Knife use?
    I've got a couple BM folders for EDC (707 and 12205), so I'm looking for something a little more heavy-duty for adventuring (camping, zombie apocolypse, etc.). It'll see hard use, but I'd like to be able to pull it if **** Hits the Fan.

Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    The Kbar TDI are great as well. That is my self defense blade. I have the traditional one in my sig, however, Kabar just came out with a large verson.

I have the CRKT Hissatsu as well. Its holds a razor sharp edge nicely and if tough as ****.

However, if your not a fan of CRKT, stick with Kabar.
    http://kabar.com

Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    On the subject on blades in my Sig, The last on is a Kabar Hawkbill folder. That a tought little folder, but you said you were looking for a fixed blade.

Kabars make good tough knives.

isn't carry around a fixed-blade knife illegal?

Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    depends on the state. You live in California so probably yeah.

Edit:
    Also it depend on size of the blade.

There are states like Virginia, that as long as it open you can carry basically anything.
    Last edited by plasma; 5/10/2006 3:16pm at .

Style
    Krav Maga
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    isn't carry around a fixed-blade knife illegal?

****, I can buy full-auto openers here in Oregon. (No concealed carry, though.)

Open carry on fixed blades is fine, AFAIK, which is how I'd wear it camping/etc.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last