Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: HUH

Style
    all things in Moderation

HUH

Question for those of you literate .

What the hell do these two bits of Kanji mean ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kanji-unknown 02.bmp 
Views:	47 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	5619  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    HKD, TKD, Crappling
    I think it means "with # 8 you get eggroll"

Style
    BJJ and MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by DngrRuss1
    I think it means "with # 8 you get eggroll"
    and a can of soda.

Doesnt Asia know Japanese? You may want to ask him.

Style
    Muay Thai
    The attached characters are "tian shi" which means "angel".
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    The attached characters are "tian shi" which means "angel".

would that be the first set or the second one ....
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    Muay Thai
    and I don't know about the first pair, but my girlfriend is guessing it means "the highest position in an embassy", something like ambassador.

Style
    Muay Thai
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    would that be the first set or the second one ....
    The one that isn't being displayed.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Style
    BJJ and MMA

Style
    Wu Style TCC + BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    and I don't know about the first pair, but my girlfriend is guessing it means "the highest position in an embassy", something like ambassador.
    I think it's fair to say that ambassador is the best translation. Add a "kwoon" (guan) on the end and you've got an embassy.

What are these all about?

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Repulsive Monkey
    I think it's fair to say that ambassador is the best translation. Add a "kwoon" (guan) on the end and you've got an embassy.

What are these all about?
    Someone came in with that first one printed out claiming it said
    Angel in that there chinese symbal writin

Out of curiousity I wanted to check on our version of the Kanji he walked out with ....:P
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 1 of 2 12 Last