Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Muay Thai/KF/Boxing/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

An Introduction.

Hello, my name is Rei.

I have lurked about on Bullshido.net for a while now, and thought I would post.

Even though you probably could give a damn, I'll tell you a bit about myself and the arts I have studied.

I live in Texas, I am 33 years old, and I started Martial arts with American Karate when I was 6 years old when my mom saw me get beat up by a kid at school, and I didn't defend myself (I am a pacifist at heart.. READ: NOT A HIPPIE). When we moved to Texas, American Karate became TKD (Yeah yeah I know). I studied TKD all the way into college, when I met a kung-fu practioner who beat me soundly using his art. At that point I started studying Shaolin Long Fist, along with Praying Mantis/Wing Chun, and 5-animal. Through my job I met a Muay Thai practioner who when we sparred showed me a new definition of PAIN. so I started studying Muay Thai. After that I found myself at a MMA school, and I took my striker self in there thinking I could just blast these guys into oblivion before they could touch me. When I woke up, I realized how wrong I was.

So my martial arts experience has been a series of a$$beatings which shaped me into who I am today. Mainly I am a striker (It's what I am best at), but I do have enough grappling experience to keep myself alive (granted if I went up against a pure jujutsu-ka, I would probably lose quickly). Currently, I am studying Muay Thai, American (Western Boxing), BJJ, and I still do my Kung-fu for personal reasons.

I'll end this long introduction by just saying I look forward to having some "spirited" discussions with you all here.

ja

Rei

Style
    Relson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yay! Rei is on bullshido now! Muahahahahahahaha! Welcome to the thunder dome!

Style
    Enshin Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOOHOO! Another Texanite! That's a fairly impressive repetoir there, how long have you been practicing Muay Thai/Wing Chun? Do you ever try to incorporate things from one syle into another or do you mainly keep them sperated until necessary?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can say "ass" here. And ****.

And pigfucker.

Not that we're encouraging it, but as we're mostly adults here, we don't get worked up over strong language.

Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost

And pigfucker.

Not that we're encouraging it, but as we're mostly adults here, we don't get worked up over strong language.
    Just another reason why I love this place, and all the pigfuckers who post here.

Style
    Muso Shinden Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Howdy to a fellow Texan!

And big props for the muay thai. Who do you train with?
    --
    L.

Style
    Muay Thai/KF/Boxing/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu-Ramma
    WOOHOO! Another Texanite! That's a fairly impressive repetoir there, how long have you been practicing Muay Thai/Wing Chun? Do you ever try to incorporate things from one syle into another or do you mainly keep them sperated until necessary?
    I have studied Muay Thai for about 13 years now. Wing Chun for only about 2, It was taught incorporated with my Praying Mantis. They happen to be similar in style.

As far as how I incorporate the things I have learned, I tend to use an old martial arts cliche' "Use what is useful, discard what isn't". So to answer your question, yes I do incorporate it all. It's sad because most of the Shaolin Long Fist, and 5-animal stuff I learned, I just flat out cannot use in a real situation. So nowadays I just flat out feel like I wasted alot of time.

ja

Rei

Style
    TKD, Ballet, Archery
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

And pigfucker.

My mom says I can't continue to post here if you guys keep using such terrible language.

Style
    Muay Thai/KF/Boxing/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eviechu
    Yay! Rei is on bullshido now! Muahahahahahahaha! Welcome to the thunder dome!
    :highfive:

Ja

Rei

Style
    Muay Thai/KF/Boxing/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

And pigfucker.

Duly noted....and ****...

ja

Rei

Page 1 of 2 12 Last