Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    476
    Yea i have a person that has done Kickboxing for a couple of years. Im not afraid of getting hurt, but im not trying to act cocky cause i just want to compete and have fun. Im used to getting hurt since I race motocross, just on friday i broke my hip and badly injured the joint between my hip and tailbone or something, then while i was laying there i got run over, so im not scared of getting hit by a person after being thrown of my bike at 35mph.

  2. #22
    meng_mao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007
    Style
    kickboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    just on friday i broke my hip and badly injured the joint between my hip and tailbone or something
    so you're not going to be competing any time soon?

  3. #23
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    Style
    Kitty Pow Pow!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    Its kickboxing, not chess. A lot of bad things can happen.
    possible, but pretty unlikely
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  4. #24
    Shaolinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    965
    Style
    Muay Thai , BJJ
    I'm interesting in the kickboxing/broken hip situation myself.

  5. #25
    TehDeadlyDimMak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,198
    Style
    Sanda, BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    Yea i have a person that has done Kickboxing for a couple of years. Im not afraid of getting hurt, but im not trying to act cocky cause i just want to compete and have fun. Im used to getting hurt since I race motocross, just on friday i broke my hip and badly injured the joint between my hip and tailbone or something, then while i was laying there i got run over, so im not scared of getting hit by a person after being thrown of my bike at 35mph.
    So... how long does it take to recover from that?

    Sounds like you won't be competing anytime soon...

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    476
    nope, looking at next year probobly, since i have to train and get my hip back to normal. im going to the doctor today so im not sure if its the hip, but i think it is. The Paramedics at the track said they think its my hip by i dont know ill have to see at the doctor. either way i probobly wont compete for a while.
    Last edited by HwangJangLee; 4/30/2006 2:25pm at .

  7. #27
    meng_mao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007
    Style
    kickboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    So... how long does it take to recover from that?

    Sounds like you won't be competing anytime soon...
    sorry, I already called him out for that 3 posts prior.

  8. #28
    meng_mao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007
    Style
    kickboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    nope, looking at next year probobly, since i have to train and get my hip back to normal. im going to the doctor today so im not sure if its the hip, but i think it is. The Paramedics at the track said they think its my hip by i dont know ill have to see at the doctor. either way i probobly wont compete for a while.
    Well, /nod/, it's a good thing you started planning to compete now.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    sorry, I already called him out for that 3 posts prior.
    you didnt call me out, i never said i was going to compete any time soon

  10. #30
    meng_mao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007
    Style
    kickboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    you didnt call me out, i never said i was going to compete any time soon
    post 31

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in