Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Style
    Muay Thai & BJJ

ROBBER got messed up...

Sucks when you rob someone with a concealed weapons permit and a GLOCK.

http://media.putfile.com/How-To-Make-Swiss-Cheese80
    Last edited by Pandinha; 3/07/2006 6:24pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Style
    Tae Kwon Do (ITF)
    Awesome. Smart man to use the fatty as a meat shield.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Style
    creonte on hiatus
    I would be gloating over this clip except for the fact that there was a baby pretty near the line of fire... I dunno, it just gives me the creeps. I does pay to have a glock when you need it most, though :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Style
    Muay Thai & BJJ
    Looking at the video, at start, there was about 3 feet between the child and the robber, which increased to over 5 feet when the shooting ensued.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

shooting past that kid was something that guy probably wondered about in hindsight. I liked how he snuck the gun out behind the girl...

Style
    Nothing current
    Starting a gunfight with civilians there was stupid. Escalating the situation was wrong in those circumstances unless he had reason to believe the robber was planning to kill them.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Bullshit. You have the right to defend your property. Who knows what that robber planned? Do you really want to bank on the mercy of a criminal?

************ deserved what he got. If more criminals had to worry about heroes like this guy packing a firearm, there'd be much less crime.

Style
    Judo
    ************ deserved what he got. If more criminals had to worry about heroes like this guy packing a firearm, there'd be much less crime.
    Problem is when these "heroes" decide to stop by the bank and bring a few sacks of money, or when they decide to permanently shut up the noisy neighbour

Style
    Muay Thai & BJJ
    Btw...

Shooter is a NRA Firearms instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Seven
    Problem is when these "heroes" decide to stop by the bank and bring a few sacks of money, or when they decide to permanently shut up the noisy neighbour
    If you chose to abuse your freedom to carry a firearm, you deserve to be punished severely for it. That goes with anything in a free country though.

Your way of thinking is the reason why criminals are empowered in our society; they don't have to fear average citizens pulling out a gun and defending themselves.

True freedom isn't an easy thing. If you can't handle it, you don't deserve it. But it is morally repugnant to suggest that society should limit the freedoms of the many out of a fear of the few that would chose to abuse them.

Ben Franklin said it best: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety".

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last