Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. #31
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,746
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    The OP isn't exactly up to MABS standards.

    Let us see if we can help that before I or someone else tosses this into YMAS.

    from the Victory Martial Arts "about us" webpage in Seven Fields PA.

    http://cranberrymartialarts.com/about-us/

    About Us

    Our instructors strive to be positive role models by incorporating the teaching of strong character, leadership, good citizenship and good values into each class. Students are trained to the best of their own ability. Their physical condition, personality and attitude are all taken into consideration when setting goals and milestones in their programs as they work towards their Black Belt.

    Members of our academy range in age from 3 years and up. Each student varies in their background and ability, including those who are looking to begin an exercise program, as well as those who have participated in collegiate and professional sports. In addition, we offer programs for individuals with special needs.
    Note the claims of teaching 3 year olds Martial Arts, the lack of instructor information, the lack of class descriptions ( http://cranberrymartialarts.com/classes/) , lack of contact information ( http://cranberrymartialarts.com/contact/ ) and of course the lack of information on the STYLE(s) taught.

    Tho I do appreciate the lack of claims regarding fighting skill...( http://cranberrymartialarts.com/# ) it is refreshing on some level.
    Quote Originally Posted by website
    All of our nationally certified instructors follow our philosophy that “Every Child is a Winner and Every Child is Special!” At Victory Martial Arts, we are interested in the complete personal development of each student. Above all, Victory Martial Arts is designed to be fun. Adults, parents and kids alike can enjoy and benefit from our many social and recreational events. All parents are whole heartedly invited to join whenever they can participate.
    Awwwww! Every child is a winner and every child is special ... yippy! How sweet and adorable is that?

    ... and nationally certified?
    By who?
    In what?
    When?
    Quote Originally Posted by MTTKDGUY View Post
    Wouldn't you love to be this guy...

    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/...pped-them-off/

    ...AND he pulls out the standard "I was a member of the <pick a year that Taekwondo was NOT an Olympic sport> Olympic Taekwondo Team...
    I see the Olympic claim nowhere on the site.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 9/11/2016 9:04pm at .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #32
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,354
    Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Does it really matter? Even if he was a legit 10th Dan with lineage straight back to the founders of TKD, he is still a scummer. Seems to me that training background is more important when looking at people selling a questionable or uncertain product. This guy isn't selling anything other than contracts he doesn't honor.
    The guy is a liar and a thief.

    He appears to focus on teaching kiddies and taking parents money.

    I'd like to see if he's also a no talent hack with little actual experience.

    If for no other reason than to drag his sorry ass through the mud.

  3. #33
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,354
    Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    The OP isn't exactly up to MABS standards.

    Let us see if we can help that before I or someone else tosses this into YMAS.
    I would hope the staff reconsider this as MABS worthy. Bull **** stinks and this one is particularly pungent.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    190
    Style
    Taekwondo
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I see the Olympic claim nowhere on the site.
    The Olympic claim comes up in the news piece...

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    190
    Style
    Taekwondo
    1
    Damn...looks like he's already been investigated...

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=32017&page=3

  6. #36
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,746
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I would hope the staff reconsider this as MABS worthy. Bull **** stinks and this one is particularly pungent.
    a link to a news story with no commentary or information is not MABS material.

    The content of the story is definitely worthy of attention and MABS, hence my attempt to flesh the thread out and encourage discussion and participation.

    Quote Originally Posted by MTTKDGUY View Post
    Damn...looks like he's already been investigated...

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=32017&page=3
    I knew this smelled familiar on some level.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  7. #37
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,746
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Threads Merged.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  8. #38
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,354
    Style
    judo hiatus
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas View Post
    Here is a start Sam. I'm reading through it now.

    It is an appellate decision reversing a Small Claims ruling giving parents their money back, or some portion of it back, that was paid to the guys ATA school.

    http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions...2280704jts.pdf

    Here is another link to the Indiana AG's office re: the long term contracts this guy was putting out.

    http://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/pr...ubinCourt.html
    Beautiful. Stowe was affiliated with the ATA.

    Read the decision linked by GJ.

    Was reading on the phone and did not realize it was a separate thread.

    Anyone with an ATA account care to send the organization an email enquiry?
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 9/11/2016 10:07pm at .

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    190
    Style
    Taekwondo
    2
    Funny...about 15 years ago I played around with all these goofy contracts, but I could never follow through on the terms. I just felt like an asshole when it came to sticking it to someone, even when "technically" I was in the right...finally I just gave up (it felt dishonest) and I went back to a simple agreement and waiver and month-to-month with no obligation. Hate playing bill collector...but hate being called a thief even more...

    These days, with all the really simple ways to set up and collect recurring payments that you can stop on a dime using tools like PayPal, there's simply to reason to pull all this crap...unless your HOPE is that they quit and you can keep sucking money out of their account until you finally get dragged into court...sadly, there are a lot of MA people out there who play this game...

  10. #40
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,746
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by MTTKDGUY View Post
    Funny...about 15 years ago I played around with all these goofy contracts, but I could never follow through on the terms. I just felt like an asshole when it came to sticking it to someone, even when "technically" I was in the right...finally I just gave up (it felt dishonest) and I went back to a simple agreement and waiver and month-to-month with no obligation. Hate playing bill collector...but hate being called a thief even more...

    These days, with all the really simple ways to set up and collect recurring payments that you can stop on a dime using tools like PayPal, there's simply to reason to pull all this crap...unless your HOPE is that they quit and you can keep sucking money out of their account until you finally get dragged into court...sadly, there are a lot of MA people out there who play this game...
    There are these things called ethics. Some people have them, some people don't.

    It is kinda like the people who complain about "welfare queens" but then take every exemption and stretch and contort reality to use every loop hole they can find in order not to pay taxes.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in