Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    natures punching bag

kajukenbo or modern combatives

im trying to choose between a local kajukenbo place.

http://www.stoneridgekajukenbo.com/index.htm

and a place called modern combatives.

http://www.smartpages.com/sp/smartpa...equestid=38423

im not looking for help spiritually or self discipline. the second one seems more of what i am looking for.

i called both places and i havent been able to get ahold of the kajukenbo place, the second place when i talked to the guy he was real straight forward and said that they train hard and basically just get it done.

i looked into the kajukenbo and it seems really interesting so i guess im trying to compare the style and flexibility and use of the two.

also i dont know if i was high or what but it sounded like he said something about jeet kun do at the second place.

--Pissy :dontknow:

Style
    Muso Shinden Ryu
    Go visit both.
    --
    L.

Style
    natures punching bag

yeah

i want to visit both. i want to try em both out. limited money and time. thats life.

im also looking into if the do elevated contact sparring and how often...

Style
    MMA/Pankration
    If you visit, report back here. In the meantime, I'm gonna check out those websites...
    "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Style
    Muso Shinden Ryu
    Quote Originally Posted by onetimebullet
    i want to visit both. i want to try em both out. limited money and time. thats life.

im also looking into if the do elevated contact sparring and how often...
    Hey, I just saw you're in San Antonio.

Go to the Straight-Blast Gym they have there. SBG is well-known for their quality.

And howdy to a fellow Texan.
    --
    L.

Style
    Kajukenbo, BJJ
    pretty crappy choices if you ask me.

Style
    Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo
    Quote Originally Posted by JKing
    pretty crappy choices if you ask me.
    I don't know why you say that about the Kajukenbo. The instructor's teacher is in with the boyz as far as I can tell and he calling it KSDI. I worked out in KSDI in Honolulu under Meex's reccomendation and it rocked (I was rocked, that's for sure).
    I bet your school doesn't have such cool graphics!

link to teacher's name showed this (and why do I keep getting ignored for the Vegas Kaju parties and seminars is beyond me).
    http://www.limkenpo.net/LKK_Sigungbd.htm
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Style
    Nothing current
    Currently, there are a few distinct, "recognized" branches of Kajukenbo: Kenpo ("Emperado Method" or "Traditional Hard Style"), Tum Pai, Chu'an Fa, Wun Hop Kuen Do, and Gaylord Method.

I double dare one of you to confess to studying Gaylord Method.

I'm trying to picture the scene: As the ninjas drop from the surrounding trees, the hero strikes a dramatic stance and utters the famous words, "Your Ninjutsu is no match for my Gaylord Method"!

Style
    Kajukenpo Ch'uan Fa / SW
    You should be able to try a class in each for free ... One seems more traditional (Kajukenbo) than the other.

Check em both out then make your choice.

Eric

Style
    Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    I double dare one of you to confess to studying Gaylord Method.

I'm trying to picture the scene: As the ninjas drop from the surrounding trees, the hero strikes a dramatic stance and utters the famous words, "Your Ninjutsu is no match for my Gaylord Method"!
    I worked out in a Vargas (evil demon trickster nut biter) and Gaylord (Mr. Mellow and wise, got his 9th dan from Sijo Emperado himself, hard hitter and flowing moves that ended with a dislocated joint) school for years. I see that you are being "funny." Can I kick you for that?
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 11/05/2005 11:13pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Page 1 of 3 123 Last