Page 51 of 53 First ... 4147484950515253 Last

Style
    Small circle Jujutsu
    I had to read and LMAF ! in January 1990 I met Chris Hunter that is Ashida Kim's real name I was in Fl and had emailed and asked him what the story was with BDFS I was in really really good shape was studying shoot fighting at the time , he kept saying he could be meet with me and maybe teach the dance of the Deadly hands etc hah so my wife and I drive out into rural Fl we wanted to go fishing in the Glades anyway .
    We arrive and this tiny little man who was really greasy unwashed answered the door there was a fighting man Dummy on a stand up frame he asked me to demonstrate my skilled I had tried to get him to do anything uke tori type goshinjustsu skills anything no please demonstrate your Skills on the Dummy lol I kicked it and the entire stand dummy everything flew through the door and into his Kitchen which was behind a little paper /bamboo shade .
    My wife calls him Rat man because he sincerely resembles a human rat not trying to be a jerk just fact biggest fraud ever lol was going to Grade me for the BDFS , I just had to demonstrate the dance of the deadly hands he was like why else would you come here , totally lost on him guys just strait fraud not even a hint of credibility .

C-Scott

Style
    Super Street Fighting
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    First I don't think "Icy" Mike had the full 411 on all of Mr. Collins' issue when he made that statement. A lot of stuff came up after, or at least was independently verified, by guys in the Streetbeefs group researching the beef and the individuals involved.

Second to that I don't think "Icy" Mike, like most people here, consider Ninjutsu to be an effective martial art in pretty much any form. So a bunch of other ninjas trash talking Ron for getting beaten when, predictably, none of them would fare any better and they have yet to step up and fight either Ron or someone else... That is where "Icy" Mike is saying, at least Ron stepped up and took a beating. Also in fairness "Icy" Mike made that statement on the day of the beef before Ron started his spin and trash talking campaign that came after.

If you watched the original live broadcast "Icy" Mike and Ron actually spoke afterwards, Mike gave Ron a bunch of advice on how to improve in martial arts in general and fighting in specific, and Ron acted like he took it on board. By and large to anyone who wasn't fully aware of the long Ron Collins saga and how it has played out across the interwebz, watching the live broadcast or being their in person, it would have seemed like Ron was one of those folks who got deluded into the ninja craze, shortcut to being a BAMF that so many people seem to look for, then had the silly knocked out of him by "Icy" Mike. Honestly from the way the post fight convo went down, I was expecting Ron to announce he was hanging up his tabi boots and taking up some sort of MMA based training.

Clearly we saw that the delusion was strong with this one, and within a few days he was right back doing what he had always done. Sad though it may be, we now have the full measure of who Ron Collins is. I highly doubt that "Icy" Mike would make entirely the same statement today. However, I don't know that "Icy" Mike would still take such a fight with Ron Collins today. With everything that has come out, it is unclear whether Ron is psychologically competent enough to actually give informed consent to a fight.
    This post came to my attention and is literally perfect. It's so perfect I was compelled to create an account just to reply to it. I was drunk when the Ninja Invasion of the OG came to be. I started talking mad ****. I said I would fight Ron and Don at the same time and tell them which one's face hurt my fists more, and then that would settle it. I did not, at that point, know the full history of this individual.

We agreed to a fight, which was not a huge issue for me, because I know how to fight and knew he didn't... but then I learned of all the associated craziness. After reading into it, I realized that if I said, "Oh wait... I didn't know about all this ****... nevermind... I won't do it." then I would be the subject of blogs and speculation for years and years to come. Can you imagine if I had "dick-tucked" on this one?

I was painted into a corner, really. And being that a large part of my business is conducted on the internet, particularly as it relates to fighting, and that I'm not very anonymous... I realized that I had to show up. Post-fight, I adhered to my own particular code of honor. I was not really aware of what Ron was doing post-fight, but I knew that the jackals at the BSMA Facebook group were pouncing on the carcass. I had a lot of disdain for them, because they all treated it as a victory for them... a bunch of keyboard warriors themselves. I didn't, and still don't, see any significant difference between them and Ron as far as the claims of martial prowess and knowledge go.

Thank you, sir, for the excellent post. You are 100% right.

Style
    Muay Thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Mike View Post
    This post came to my attention and is literally perfect. It's so perfect I was compelled to create an account just to reply to it. I was drunk when the Ninja Invasion of the OG came to be. I started talking mad ****. I said I would fight Ron and Don at the same time and tell them which one's face hurt my fists more, and then that would settle it. I did not, at that point, know the full history of this individual.
    I think that's fair. You drunkenly painted yourself into a corner, and had no choice but to follow through.

Personally, for many reasons, including what went down during and after that mess, I don't have anything to do with either BSMA nor crazy Collins.

My life is too short to deal with things that will not change, on either side. Every once in a while, someone sends me something stupid Ron has said (one of his latest blog posts has him saying, again, that he threw the fight with you because...reasons.)

I really like the Street Beefs group, though, so far.

Style
    Super Street Fighting
    Yeah, Streetbeefs is a very sincere and honest community. The whole "Glove up, or shut up." mentality is something every would-be martial arts fraud investigator should subscribe to.

Style
    Super Street Fighting
    Oh and Phil B, I have no Bullshido experience or etiquette. Anything important I should know here?

Style
    Muay Thai
    Oh and Phil B, I have no Bullshido experience or etiquette. Anything important I should know here?
    You're asking the wrong guy. Check my post history. Unless it has to do with frauds I exposed, I've posted here barely more than I had on the OG before that mega thread!

I believe, like that other place, there are more and less serious subs.

Style
    all things in Moderation

We agreed to a fight, which was not a huge issue for me, because I know how to fight and knew he didn't... but then I learned of all the associated craziness. After reading into it, I realized that if I said, "Oh wait... I didn't know about all this ****... nevermind... I won't do it." then I would be the subject of blogs and speculation for years and years to come. Can you imagine if I had "dick-tucked" on this one?

I was painted into a corner, really. And being that a large part of my business is conducted on the internet, particularly as it relates to fighting, and that I'm not very anonymous... I realized that I had to show up. Post-fight, I adhered to my own particular code of honor. I was not really aware of what Ron was doing post-fight, but I knew that the jackals at the BSMA Facebook group were pouncing on the carcass. I had a lot of disdain for them, because they all treated it as a victory for them... a bunch of keyboard warriors themselves. I didn't, and still don't, see any significant difference between them and Ron as far as the claims of martial prowess and knowledge go.

Thank you, sir, for the excellent post. You are 100% right.
    Welcome to Bullshido!
    While I have great sympathy for your position pre-fight but post agreement, it would be extremely dishonest of me to say I did not enjoy watching you attempt to pass some first hand knowledge on to Ron. I think you handled yourself and the situation as well as could be over all.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Essentially MABS threads are for serious and honest discussion only. Martial arts training forums also expect a level of seriousness. The other subforums in the Main Discussion forums are a mixed bag. Some serious discussion and some not, you may get trolled there and we'll all(hopefully) have a laugh about it after. So choose where you post wisely.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    Super Street Fighting
    Thanks, man. I'm always super serious you can ask anyone that knows me!

Oh... and I'm basically like a rock star here because I actually did some **** to further the cause, right? I feel like there should be much more fanfare in my welcome here. Like maybe my screenname gets a bigger font or I get my own sub-forum.

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Thanks, man. I'm always super serious you can ask anyone that knows me!

Oh... and I'm basically like a rock star here because I actually did some **** to further the cause, right? I feel like there should be much more fanfare in my welcome here. Like maybe my screenname gets a bigger font or I get my own sub-forum.
    No. There are many on this site that have walked that path before in many different ways and some more than once.
    King without a crown

Page 51 of 53 First ... 4147484950515253 Last