Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Pro Hapkido?

Style
    LongFist CMA
    "looks like MMA to me"

Yeah, and we all know MMA just appeared out thin air. And, we know "it" invented all punching , kicking, grappling and throwing. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzuuussssssssssss

Style
    HKD, TKD, Crappling
    I fought in last year's PRO-HAPKIDO, and ref'd this year's.
    Is it MMA?- no.
    Is it closer to MMA than most amatuer martial artists compete?- yes

This competition is for those who do not necessarily want to become or are not ready for MMA fighting. But they do want something more hardcore than point-fighting or Olympic ****. It was not closed this year to strict Hapkidoin. Other stylists were allowed and encouraged to fight. (did someone say Omega :toothy9: )

To those Hapkido instructors that think this is "not Hapkido"....

I have been doing HKD for nearly 20 years- I own 2 HKD schools- I have been in this debate with HKD "purists"- before and I say the same thing everytime:
    Screw you- meet me on the floor.

BTW Omega- I don't know what the ref's in your ring were thinking. I really thought you took it to your opponent. More ref seminars, I guess...

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by DngrRuss1
    I fought in last year's PRO-HAPKIDO, and ref'd this year's.
    Is it MMA?- no.
    Is it closer to MMA than most amatuer martial artists compete?- yes

This competition is for those who do not necessarily want to become or are not ready for MMA fighting. But they do want something more hardcore than point-fighting or Olympic ****. It was not closed this year to strict Hapkidoin. Other stylists were allowed and encouraged to fight. (did someone say Omega :toothy9: )

To those Hapkido instructors that think this is "not Hapkido"....

I have been doing HKD for nearly 20 years- I own 2 HKD schools- I have been in this debate with HKD "purists"- before and I say the same thing everytime:
    Screw you- meet me on the floor.

BTW Omega- I don't know what the ref's in your ring were thinking. I really thought you took it to your opponent. More ref seminars, I guess...
    Thanks dude but I still had a blast. I think it'll only get better.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo
    I am glad to see HKD going in this direction, with at least some of the schools. If it had been like the tournaments when I trained in it I might still be doing it.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Page 2 of 2 First 12