Style
    BJJ

July 30th, 2005 BJJ Tourney Springfield, OH

2005 Ohio Valley PKC CAN-AM Grappling Championship or the Ohio ProAm is scheduled for July 30th, 2005 in Springfield, OH.

The website: here
    The proam website: here
    Registration pdf: here

It is a double elimination tourney and is $70 for gi and no-gi.

After going to my first tourney on June 11th and having a good time I'm definitely going to compete in this one even though it will likely be a more difficult tournament (more participants) and it offers no-gi comp also ( I train 50/50 gi/no-gi but do not feel that I am as good in no-gi as I am in gi. )

I know some of you guys attended the Hoosier Open in Indy and thought you might be interested in this tourney as it isn't that far of a trek. Hope to see you there.

edit: I believe this is being hosted by Jorge Gurgel
    Last edited by relytjj; 6/30/2005 9:16am at .

Style
    Hapkido
    $70 is a lot of money to pay to fight somebody. but otherwise it looks like a good tournament.

Style
    BJJ
    I've only been to one tourney so my personal experience isn't terribly vast but I've been around siblings who have competed in tourneys for a while (not bjj, karate). $70 is pretty comparable to other tournaments in this region. It really isn't that bad considering if you lose all matches you at least get to fight four times.