Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Style
    Karate
    Because it makes me too deadly for the ring... duh. :glasses9:

KhorneliusPraxx
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLuv
    Ha! Good choice man, grappling's mucho fun. If she didn't have a choice on the matter, what other art would you have picked?
    I was thinking about Silat or CSW (Eric Paulson's Combat Submission Wrestling which is a complicated way of saying MMA.) Hell, I was interested in any of my schools classes, that's why having her choose wasn't a big deal. 9 Months later, I don't regret the choice.

This topic just reminded me to update my thread about her training.

Style
    none currently, ex-TSK
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin
    I do what I do best, but what I do best, isn't very nice.
    Way to screw it up, Ronin. :5dunce:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine
    I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do ain't pretty.
    :tongue2:

Grappling, specifically BJJ, is useful for developing sexual positions and whatnot, which is all I'm really interested in, but I learned how to punch, just a little bit, to hide my intentions.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Also, I am going to train hard so I can take a test in my Jun Fan class. As soon as I pass it, I will probably switch over to Muay Thai for a while. I would add Muay Thai but I only have so many hours a week to train so 3 classes is out of the question. Although we have kick boxing aspects to the Jun Fan class, I want to switch to a %100 kick boxing class for a while. I think more constant ring time will help knock some of my natural flinchiness out. I will probably switch back eventually but I need some ring time.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    Grappling, specifically BJJ, is useful for developing sexual positions and whatnot, which is all I'm really interested in...
    Especially the Back Mount.
    :sex:
    HOOKS IN!!!

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking... supporting member
    Style
    Kyokushin Karate
    I train in Budo Taijutsu because I like the natural approach to it, and how I can cheat and steal techniques off of lots of other arts and pass it off as taijutsu. I also like the budo aspects of it, the shinkengata mentality, and how it's helped me a lot to grow physically and mentally.

And I do Kyokushin because I'm fond of karate and I like kicking the **** out of people :glasses1: Same with boxing: punching people is fun.

Style
    5AF & Sub Grappling
    I train because I started a while back and I like to do physical activity.
    I've been in a truckload of fights before and I could handle myself pretty well before I ever started MAs so it has nothing to do wth self defense.
    I also have a really good job, so I don't need to compete or teach for money.

Basically I am OCD about my hobbies and martial arts is one of them.

Saltwater Aquariums is the other one this is my tank:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angle tank.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	3665  

Last edited by Chupacabra; 6/21/2005 3:54pm at .

Style
    Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi
    I was looking for the Hapkido class, since I already had a belt in it, and came on the wrong day, when the Aikido class was practicing. I watched the Aikido class and it was Phil's 1st Kyu test. It looked interesting, so I tried it out. Despite me being in monster shape, having kickboxed, boxed, studied sport karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Hapkido previously, Ed, the instructor who is a little old white guy, handed me my ass on more than a few occasions while I was there. So I stuck around.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Style
    In Transition
    There was no MT or Kyokushin or MMA in my area, so I decided to take BJJ, instead. I'm glad I did. Even more so because we just started a MMA class.

PL

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last